British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

UPINSMOKE

My Latest Acquisition

They don't seem to be showing for me

And here are the Rev in same order.

1935 rev 5.jpg1935 rev 4.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IanB said:

They don't seem to be showing for me

My fault put the pictures the wrong way round so had to edit again sorry:rolleyes:

The bottom obverse but the top reverse for me. The detail in the reverse looks sharper, horse who I believe was called Bayard, the dragon (don't know his name) all look crisper.

It looks like the new one (the bottom) has a somewhat weaker strike. I like it better though.

33 minutes ago, Leo said:

It looks like the new one (the bottom) has a somewhat weaker strike. I like it better though.

I agree with both of those points, although the photography may still be thwarting an entirely valid comparison

From the pictures the one on the left is better but if they were the right money just keep them both and dont buy another one.

Just arrived a collection of coins to complete my sets of 1951 and 1899 coins. This is just one of them for your comments. I am so please with this one, I can see now what drives you all to find the best coin possible for your collections.

1951 Brass Threepence Rev.jpg1951 Brass Threepence Obv.jpg

Oooo.. suits you sir! Very nice toning on that.

Very nice Mick... slabbed and everything!

Very nice, what was it graded at?

54 minutes ago, Leo said:

Very nice Mick... slabbed and everything!

Yes very pleased all my latest are slabbed. I am trying to complete the two years with only slabbed coins. As for the rest I am happy not having slabbed.

49 minutes ago, IanB said:

Very nice, what was it graded at?

Its graded at 80 if that helps, as I say very please. I have most of the 1951 set some are proofs and others normal but all slabbed, is it ok to collect them like this or should a set be of all normal coins or all proofs. I do have a complete proof set for 1951 now in its original case. When I get time I will post some more pics of the new acquisitions. But for the moment I cannot stop admiring them. 

• Like 1

You got it bang on you buy for yourself and happy:)

Cant be better than that if the prices are fair HAT OFF.

Here is the 1951 Penny I got graded at CGS UNC 85

1951 Penny Obv Slabbed.jpg1951 Penny Rev Slabbed.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Oooo.. suits you sir! Very nice toning on that.

Thanks I think I am getting it right now but then again they are slabbed so grading is out of my hands to a point. And I must thank Guy @The Coinery for all his help with these.

Edited by UPINSMOKE

36 minutes ago, UPINSMOKE said:

Thanks I think I am getting it right now but then again they are slabbed so grading is out of my hands to a point. And I must thank Guy @The Coinery for all his help with these.

When you're buying coins in such top quality like these (very nice penny btw), grading is a moot point, they're choice pieces :) 

1 hour ago, UPINSMOKE said:

Well done Mick, you're firmly on the right track now :) :):)

Glad you got hold of a 1951 proof set :):):)

Edited by Paulus

4 hours ago, UPINSMOKE said:

Thanks for your comments . When I get round to it I will post some more pictures  so pleased  with what I've received I want to get some more . Are the photographs ok what do you think. Still struggling with photographing coins at the moment, have acquired two lamps and still trying to find out what the best position to put them in to get the best photographs. Any tips on this would be of great help, and again thank you so much for your input it's a great help.

5 hours ago, UPINSMOKE said:

Thanks for your comments . When I get round to it I will post some more pictures  so pleased  with what I've received I want to get some more . Are the photographs ok what do you think. Still struggling with photographing coins at the moment, have acquired two lamps and still trying to find out what the best position to put them in to get the best photographs. Any tips on this would be of great help, and again thank you so much for your input it's a great help.

There's a really good write-up somewhere on how to take photos, written by BRG, I'll have a look around and see if I can find it.

5 hours ago, UPINSMOKE said:

Here you go

I think I'll sticky that particular post somewhere because it's bloody excellent.

Those instructions worked great for me.

However photographing coins in holders or slabs is a different kettle of fish!

58 minutes ago, Leo said:

Those instructions worked great for me.

However photographing coins in holders or slabs is a different kettle of fish!

I use my ipad for photographing coin sets or slabs, works for me

15 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Here you go

I think I'll sticky that particular post somewhere because it's bloody excellent.

Thank you interesting reading on that thread. I hope it will help me improve when I get my setup right.

In the meantime here is another one of my purchases I photographed yesterday so hope it looks ok my 1899 Penny.

1899 Penny Slabbed Rev2.jpg1899 Penny Slabbed Obv2.jpg

Edited by UPINSMOKE

Nice coins guys

The 1887 crown - up in smoke - this has been harshly cleaned I'm afraid.