British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
shagreen

CGS has closed and ceased trading

Received this email a few days ago (refer below) and wonder if anyone can shed some light on the matter as I am located far away in Australia.. I dont expect London coins will get too many takers charging for something that was free. I do get the impression that encapsulation is starting to gain traction with collectors wishing to sell. The recent Nobles Sale here featured a significant Australian PCGS encapsulated collection by Dr G. Fenton and it sold rather well http://www.noble.com.au/auctions/search/?sale=112&p=1&c=6255 - much better than I expected given the state of the coin market here

best in numismatics  Vince

The population report valuations by grade, general information, and the My Page functions are now available on a subscription basis via the London Coins website. 
The annual subscription charge is £99 payable to London Coins LTD, after payment is received we will set you up on the new system. Membership will run for one year from the date we set you up.
Subscribers will be able to 
View The Population Report 
View The Valuations By Grade Current and Past 
Input their coins in the system (or access their old CGS coin list) to get Valuation Reports, Photo Gallery, Collection lists which shows your collection in the full series, and a league table entry. 
Subscribers may apply to be London Coins Grading Members, signed up members will be able to submit coins for grading. 
To become a subscriber contact 01474 874895 to pay by card. 
Or send your cheque payable to London Coins LTD to London Coins 4-6 Upper Street South, New Ash Green, Kent DA3 8JJ. 
This annual subscription of £99 equates to £8.25 per month or £1.90 per week and will assist our costs in maintaining the image gallery, valuations by grade and the back end database and IT that supports all this. 
Cheaper Service Coming Soon for Information Only Users. 
At the moment we are looking quickly to re-establish the functions that the former CGS My Page users were accustomed to, but we are intending shortly to offer a service for information only users who wish only to see the population reports and valuations by grade, and not to log their coins into the system. We expect this will be £19.99 per annum for population report only and £49 for population report plus valuation by grade. 
Regards 
Semra Cetin 

There is roughly 10 pages on this subject on the forum under the title "CGS membership fee"

Edited by azda

So it looks like the company has not changed , its just the name and the membership

London Coins LTD still not responding to emails, so no change there :wacko: 

Will try the phone next week, and see if Semra still answers for LC  

2 hours ago, SWANNY said:

So it looks like the company has not changed , its just the name and the membership

London Coins LTD still not responding to emails, so no change there :wacko: 

Will try the phone next week, and see if Semra still answers for LC  

Serra is the secretary for London coins and formerly CGS, so IF anyone was to answer (which they won't) you'd still get her lovely telephone manner. The other strange factor in all this is that it states "under new management" which it obviously isn't, so as i've been asking all along, why the lies of ownership? I still think it's too grab more money

I am sure that you are right Dave.

Lovely telephone manner :wub:

:D

Edited by PWA 1967

I called LCA Friday about a purchase and my coins and spoke with Semra. I got an update on both my coins and my purchase.

49 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

I called LCA Friday about a purchase and my coins and spoke with Semra. I got an update on both my coins and my purchase.

You have the luck of the Irish Non

21 minutes ago, azda said:

You have the luck of the Irish Non

If only mate... if only!!

2 hours ago, azda said:

Serra is the secretary for London coins and formerly CGS, so IF anyone was to answer (which they won't) you'd still get her lovely telephone manner. The other strange factor in all this is that it states "under new management" which it obviously isn't, so as i've been asking all along, why the lies of ownership? I still think it's too grab more money

I,m sure if I was to phone the number for new membership  , someone would answer....

The number to call is now the number for London Coins, they will definitely answer!