British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Kerryn

18ct Gold Queen Victoria Medallion South African Historical Mint???

Hi There

I got a medallion and trying to figure out if it's worth anything? Maybe someone here will know more about it? The medallion comes from the South African Historical Mint - No idea of the year? But the description on the authenticity paper is as follow:

"This is to certify that the Queen Victoria medallion has been issued especially to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of Her coronation on 28 June 1838. This 20gm medallion has been struck to proof quality in solid 18-carat gold."

The front face of the medallion is Queen Victoria with the date 1837-1901 and back side is Britannia. 

Anyone have any idea about this medallion? 

Thanks 

K

Hi Kerryn, 

Any Chance you can post pics?

But if it is 18 carat gild t has an inherent value.

Ian.. 

Hi Ian

Apologies for my delay in reply. Here are two images, maybe not the best but should work. 

Thanks 

K

20160728_213908.jpg

20160728_213826.jpg

Not a medal I have come across before, Anyone else know anything about it?

Not a medalion thats collectable  IMHO .

Get it melted

If those are not scratches or hairlines that I can see then this medal usually fetches around 15% over melt.