British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Completely screwed up. 25 degrees and sleeting. :wacko: Obviously not quite cold enough up top to form hailstones.

I was out myself today, fantastic weather, so took a stroll to the Olympia park

img_2005.jpg

img_2004.jpg

Too hot for my Dawg and my tomatoes have wilted:huh: but 17hrs of daylight is ace.:)

I have seen a few dogs recently refuse to move and just flop down on the floor and give up , their owners have to pull them by the lead to get them up , its funny to watch but dogs dont take well to heat at all , you tend to start feeling really sorry for them

dog.jpg

Dont really see how its funny to watch......seems cruel to me .

I dont really have an effection with animals so dont have any, apart from a few daft frogs in a tank we have had for years.

Cruelty is another matter.....if you cant look after them ,dont get one :)

• Like 2

Love this weather - the golf ball goes for miles on rock hard fairways. Stenson's got nothing on me !

5 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Dont really see how its funny to watch......seems cruel to me .

I dont really have an effection with animals so dont have any, apart from a few daft frogs in a tank we have had for years.

Cruelty is another matter.....if you cant look after them ,dont get one :)

In the boiling hot July of 2006 - 10 years ago - I actually smashed the window of a car left near the canal, as there was a dog inside, and the car was in full blazing sunlight at about 3pm. It was well over 30 degrees in the shade, so God knows what the inside of the car was like. Anyway, I reached inside and opened the door, the poor dog whimpered his way out, and laid on the ground, panting like hell. I immediately called the police on my phone to tell them what I'd done. They came out about 30 minutes later, accompanied by the RSPCA, took my details and said something like "OK mate, we might need to talk to you again". The RSPCA took the dog away, and the police were checking on the vehicle itself. No sign whatever of the owner. I then walked home. I'd wanted to give the dog some water, but didn't have any, so poured some cold coke on him in the hope it would cool him down a bit. If he'd been left much longer, he'd have been a goner.  

All this time I'd half been expecting the owner to return and attack me, or to get arrested by the police for malicious damage. But neither. Somewhat surprisingly I never heard another thing. 

I agree with you, Pete. If you can't look after a pet, don't have one.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

In the boiling hot July of 2006 - 10 years ago - I actually smashed the window of a car .......... Anyway, I reached inside and opened the door, the poor dog whimpered his way out...........

Good on you and pleased to hear no come back on you for saving the poor dog who may well have died if left alone.

During  this hot spell it's been early mornings and late evening walks for my pair.

• Like 2

MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN GO OUT IN THE MIDDAY SUN

Dogs have no sweat glands so they cannot stand a quick temperature rise they tend to die and its probably pretty horible for the animal it must feel like being roasted.

I am really surprised the police never got back to you in the case of the dog in the car it was in extreem danger, but full marks on doing the right thing , it was the stupidity of the dog owner that broke that window not you .

Some interesting weather here at the moment too.. 31 degrees but with crazy thunder and lightning.

9 hours ago, copper123 said:

MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN GO OUT IN THE MIDDAY SUN

Dogs have no sweat glands so they cannot stand a quick temperature rise they tend to die and its probably pretty horible for the animal it must feel like being roasted.

I am really surprised the police never got back to you in the case of the dog in the car it was in extreem danger, but full marks on doing the right thing , it was the stupidity of the dog owner that broke that window not you .

Thanks.

I was also very surprised to subsequently hear nothing. I even kept an eye on the local papers and websites at that time, to see if anybody had been charged, but nothing. The only thing I can assume is that the police - for whatever reason - decided not to charge the owner, but dish out a warning instead. In which case they probably wouldn't have needed to contact me again. Ultimately, no idea.      

Could have been someome the police did not want to be prosecuteed or even a policeman , if I remmeber rightly there was a big fuss about a policeman who locked two german sheepherds in the back of his van and killed them that year .