British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

Can you post please.

Why do so many people not post on here ?.

The lack of answers may answer my own question :lol:

Send lots of daft posts rather than none.

Getting boring...must be something happening ,getting ten posts a day :lol:

Scott as a main contributor and someone who posts hat off.

I look a few times aday and not much happening.

Maybe i should move on and get a life :D

I post when I can, but you chaps lose me with all of this milled talk... ;)

• Like 1

Better to post even if to say your having a good day :)

Some people might be happy everyday.

Some people might be negged out.

A forum is ....what it is and if anyone is feeling negative :)

Keep smiling.

Pete,

just to let you know I am having a bloody good day, sitting on the sofa listening to some good music, drinking rather large vodka and tonics and watching the birds flying past the window. Life is good, long may it last.

All the best.

Ian

P.S. 

I look forward to winning the football bet, my balls are never wrong.

Hi Pete, I guess I don't post much at the moment because I'm out of work and currently can't really justify any potential new coin acquisitions.  Hopefully this state of affairs won't last much longer though.  Am drinking a small glass of Aberlour 10 as a nightcap, very tasty...

I like to post, but some days there's not a whole lot to say, unfortunately.

I would hate the forum to go the way of facebook....I don't bloody want to know when people visit some yang tang(credit to Pete:)) restaurant.

Pete has given me food for thought though and I intend to post a few tasters from my coin annals.:o

7 hours ago, Peter said:

I would hate the forum to go the way of facebook....I don't bloody want to know when people visit some yang tang(credit to Pete:)) restaurant.

Pete has given me food for thought though and I intend to post a few tasters from my coin annals.:o

I agree on all counts.  Tasters from people's coin annals sounds great!
PS - I think Pete's term is rang tang - but don't google what else it means... :ph34r:

Yes not facebook scenario ,but some pictures of coins are always good :)

Rang tang were i live means tripe,garbage,crap  etc.

The one and only time I've heard the term "Bobbins" was when I was on a work course in Manchester, and the course tutor (a local) used it when she was asked a question and wasn't sure about the answer.

So I assume a Manchester and district expression? 

17 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

The one and only time I've heard the term "Bobbins" was when I was on a work course in Manchester, and the course tutor (a local) used it when she was asked a question and wasn't sure about the answer.

So I assume a Manchester and district expression? 

Yes Gary bobbins is just a daft one :)

Anyone else say powsy :blink:....i doubt it another daft northern saying :lol:

My grandma used to say it ....:o

Manchester rhyming slang. Well would you Adam and Eve it, I ain't not never heard such a fing in me ol life.

On 5. Juli 2016 at 10:45 AM, PWA 1967 said:

Yes not facebook scenario ,but some pictures of coins are always good :)

Rang tang were i live means tripe,garbage,crap  etc.

People Do post pictures of coins in various threads and they get no feedback unless it's a Penny, so it's sometimes a pointless exercise. Anyway, i'm off out to look at a car, the Land Rover Discovery is out due to the 1800 euro insurance quote and The extra tax for it being a diesel and a 4x4 :mellow:

42 minutes ago, azda said:

People Do post pictures of coins in various threads and they get no feedback unless it's a Penny, so it's sometimes a pointless exercise. Anyway, i'm off out to look at a car, the Land Rover Discovery is out due to the 1800 euro insurance quote and The extra tax for it being a diesel and a 4x4 :mellow:

What about a gas ML350 without the 4-Matic? They should be reasonable in Germany.

16 minutes ago, RLC35 said:

What about a gas ML350 without the 4-Matic? They should be reasonable in Germany.

Not sure they convert diesel to gas over here Bob, they like power on the autobahns :rolleyes:, problem being i obviously passed my driving test in the UK and they drive on the wrong side of the road here which counts against me when looking for insurance, the ML350 or even 320 would be great but think i should just drop a little lower until i have a few years insurance under my belt as i drive on the father-in-laws insurance, on top of the insurance comes a 4x4 tax and also a diesel tax.

Edited by azda

I only post when something interests me.  Which tends to only be in my rather narrow collecting area I'm afraid ...

And to keep on topic, the turbo in my Skoda might need replacing.  Not as pricy as a new car, I know.  But ..    :(

13 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

I only post when something interests me.  Which tends to only be in my rather narrow collecting area I'm afraid ...

And to keep on topic, the turbo in my Skoda might need replacing.  Not as pricy as a new car, I know.  But ..    :(

Skoda is what i'm looking at just now TG

I like my Octavia.  Cheaper than an Audi, decent build quality, VAG engines ...  I've got a 1.4 TSI saloon.  Good size boot (popular as taxis here).

First car I've owned from new.  Good luck with the car shopping! 

Edited by TomGoodheart