British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Now I don't expect many of you lot are football fans, but there may be one or two. I often put together a bit of a sweep for friends and family as a football tournament approaches, and thought I would do one for the Euro 2016 finals. It is a bit of a laugh and gives you the chance to prove to your friends that you are a footie guru for just £3 !! 

Rules: 
1. Predict results and scores for each group match...3 points for correct result only, 5 points for correct score and result.
2. Then predict which teams will reach each stage of the knockouts, 4 points for every team correctly predicted to make the last 16, 8 points for every team correctly predicted to make the Quarter Finals, 10 points for every team correctly predicted to make the Semi finals, 15 points for every team correctly predicted to make the final and 25 points for predicting the tournament winner.
3. The final pot will be split so that 1st place gets 50% of the pot, 2nd place gets 25% of the pot, 3rd place gets 15% of the pot and the person in 1st place at the end of the group stage will win 10% of the pot. All cash received goes into prizes.
4. Maximum of 100 entrants, first come first served.

£3 per entry, to be paid in cash or via paypal (friends and family) to colin@aboutfarthings.co.uk

A full set of completed entries will be issued to each entrant, so that all completed forms are witnessed by everyone (I will remove the e-mail addresses from the form for privacy).

Updates of the score board will be issued through via e-mail at regular intervals.

Blank form is attached that can be completed and returned

Chris if you have any problems with this just let me know 

Euros-Results 3.pdf

Sounds like a great bit of fun Colin, count me in. I'll send the form when I get a chance

Matt

• Like 1

Forgot to add...... please feel free to ask any friends or family that may be interested, all are welcome!!

Did well on the Oaks but licking my wounds on the Derby.Count me in.

• Like 1

Nice idea, I'll fill in the form and enter at some point in the near future.

• Like 1

I have also attached an excel file, in case people find this easier than the PDF

Excel Euro.xlsx

Thanks Colin.

My son thinks he will do better than me  ,wants a go.

What a mug .............:lol:

Edited by PWA 1967

Nothing better than a bit of a challenge.....:D

Just a note to say I will be closing the window for entries tomorrow at midnight so if you want a go, get your forms through to me as soon as possible :)

11 hours ago, Colin G. said:

Just a note to say I will be closing the window for entries tomorrow at midnight so if you want a go, get your forms through to me as soon as possible :)

So no 48Hr extensions then :D

• Like 1

:lol:

I had a go but couldn't find a way to enter data.My eldest should be coming over tonight...if I'm not too late?

Am I in or out?;)

Of course you are in, did you try the spreadsheet version further down the post?

Ok.... Who's team name is megadong? :D 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Ok.... Who's team name is megadong? :D 

It can only be Peter :lol:

:lol:

I was reading the stats in the email, so England are joint top in the predictions to win it!? Those who chose them to win are going to be gutted when they get kicked out of the last 16 :P 

Noticed ladbrokes have priced England up at 8/1 to win outright.

That must be the worse bet ever and to short..........people still have there sentimental bets :rolleyes:

HA! I wouldn't put a bet down if it was 50/1 let alone 8/1. 

On 6 June 2016 at 9:28 PM, PWA 1967 said:

Thanks Colin.

My son thinks he will do better than me  ,wants a go.

What a mug .............:lol:

What's his team name Pete?