British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Davethepitch

I hope my Kew 50p is not fake

Sent Dave a PM at lunchtime but he has not read it.

Hope he is not to negged out :)

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

Pete, at times you're a true gent. Just not when negotiating with me. :P

Hat off. :)

I am always a gent.

Just not keen on people who are into......Rugby,cycling,gardening,cooking and eating.

Reminds me to much of the wife :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Just not keen on people who are into......Rugby,cycling,gardening,cooking and eating.

Can't blame you there mate. Troublesome, by the sound of it. ;)

• Like 1

Thats quality.............:D

Nothing wrong with netball.

You must win post of the year already :lol:

Made me chuckle.

Sorry not been very well and the guy had the coin off has been in touch and I asked him for another but I am not holding my breath.

Dave

I am financially better off this month so I have spent out on a real Kew not cheap but I do have a small collection of 50p coins.

I am shocked at how many £1 and £2 coins there are that are fake as well.

Dave

Initially the £1 coin was being counterfieted on a major scale purely for being passed of at £1.When working in the East End in the early 90's these were openly offered as many of the notes were being picked up by the readers and pens available to retailers.Now collecting decimal coins has become popular the game has shifted.You just need to be on top of your game especially on ebay.I'm glad you're back in the fold after your unfortunate experience although much wiser for it.:)

• Like 1

Hi Peter

I collect £1, £2 and a small collection of 50 pences and in the coin world I have possibly ruined them as they have been cleaned and polished so the detail shows up.

Dave

Edited by Davethepitch
I cannot spell

:o It is up to you what,how,and why you collect but you do realise you are reducing the value of your collection to face value.Don't do it to your new Kew 50p, it would make a lot of forum members squirm and wince.

Oh **** mind you the Kew was nice anyway and i will take some pictures and let you see what a mess my collection looks like and how it's worthless now.:(

On 06/06/2016 at 6:11 PM, PWA 1967 said:

Dave.

Sorry i have not got a Kew gardens but found some other decimal 50p in cgs slabs.

Your welcome to them as i know they are going to a good home.

I dont want anything for them.

If you want them just PM me your address...........Not everyone is out of order :)

Hi can I ask what 50p in slabs are.

Dave

Dave

Maybe coins aren't for you.I think you either buy some reading material on your subject/read around the forum or jump out of the fire.There is also google....Just saying.

3 hours ago, Davethepitch said:

Hi can I ask what 50p in slabs are.

Dave

Dave, slabbed coins have been sent to a grading company, authenticated and graded so you should know that they are not fake and their condition has been assessed. The grading company, in this case CGS, then enclose the coin in a plastic "slab" to ensure the coin remains undamaged, unhandled, and the condition does not therefore change.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter said:

Dave

Maybe coins aren't for you.I think you either buy some reading material on your subject/read around the forum or jump out of the fire.There is also google....Just saying.

I should have Googled it first and I agree with you.