British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

1904 Penny BU Mint F159

As discussed on Matts thread in the wanted section.............Not easy to find as good as this.

A scarce date in MINT condition and this one is nice.

1904 CGS 80 full lustre and problem free UIN 33395.

To keep to forum rules :)

A really nice one that i will lose a bit on.

CGS say £150.

£100 PLUS postage ........:o

Sorry i cant put the picture up but think you will struggle to find a better one in hand.

I dont want it to sound like someone selling something on ebay......but it is SPOT ON.

Pete what normally happens is you get no replies for the first couple of hours. Then you get impatient and drop the price a tenner. With a face like this: :o

Then someone else (Jon, Non, you're both guilty here ;) ) buys it before I notice it's reduced.

So if you get fed up waiting and reduce it a tenner, can I be first this time please?

Ta very much,

Jon :)

Of course you can :o :o but will be along wait ...........ask Nordle.

Is there such a thing as sellers remorse think its to cheap.

I would of wanted a bit more for this .....but the forum only allows coins upto £100 ,thats why i will charge postage.

If you want one buy it as believe me you wont look for another.

Otherwise .................:P

10 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

If you want one buy it as believe me you wont look for another.

Otherwise .................:P

Pete, I want EVERYTHING! But might have to wait until I see what happened at the LCA before I commit. It's a nice coin. :)

Paulus,....When does a type set become a series.?:blink:

44 minutes ago, Peter said:

Paulus,....When does a type set become a series.?:blink:

Good question - but this will only be my 2nd very high grade E7 penny! (the other being a standard 1902) :)

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

Good question - but this will only be my 2nd very high grade E7 penny! (the other being a standard 1902) :)

Until Pete comes up with another or you "stumble" on a nice one in searches....its all downhill from now;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

That's still one more than me.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

That's still one more than me.

There are many types of which I currently have more than 1 example, over time I decide which I prefer and sell the others ... doubtless this will also be the case with Edward VII pennies :)

I have absolutely no regrets about being freed from the shackles of date runs or variety collecting, not even bothered about being a completist when it comes to broad types, just continuing to enjoy collecting coins I like :) ... sticking to English pre-dec, Tudor to Liz II though

Edited by Paulus

Coins arrived and it's an absolute smasher, thanks @PWA 1967! I'll post pics through the slab when I've taken representative ones :)

Best pics I've been able to do so far through the plastic

1904_1d_01_02_cgs_80_uin_33395_1600.jpg (1600×800)

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 2

Lovely coin and great price. A good buy!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this