British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

Muhammad ali

Words are not enough .............RIP.

Thank you for the memories and remembered with a smile.

• Like 5

A true legend in and out of the ring. Such artistry and charisma. Also a champion of black civil rights in the US.

So sorry to hear of his passing.

What a tragedy that Parkinson's deprived him of his middle and later years.

I remember seeing his first fight against Liston (replay) in black and white at the movies when I was perhaps 5 years old. As a child I knew then he was going to be someone special.

Reading about his life, I realized he was more than a boxer. He was an extremely intelligent and articulate person, when you consider his background and lack of formal education. Above all he was a man of very strong Conviction and Principles and contrary to what most believe, he refused to go to war because of these....not because he was a coward or un-patriotic.

He was shot at, stripped of his titles, insulted and ridiculed for this but he fought, what was perhaps his greatest fight ……and won.

Perhaps not the greatest boxer of all time, but without the shadow of a doubt, the GREATEST influence on that sport and certainly the greatest sports personality EVER…… a man who influenced generations.

I was fortunate to acquire a lithograph, signed by him, and I hope to treasure this for a long time to come.

RIP Muhammad Ali.

ALI.jpg

Edited by 1934 Wreath Crown
  • Like 1

He was a legend in and out of the ring. 2016 has certainly been the year for the celebrities passing......

I remember the fight with Sonny Liston. Liston was a big bad hombre (he had man handled Patterson twice before) that everyone though would kill Ali (then Cassus Clay), only to see Ali beat the life out of Liston. Liston just sat on his stool when the next round started, and would leave. He had had enough! I couldn't believe, at the time that Ali had beaten Liston.

George Best, Elvis Presley, Muhammad Ali - another of my idols bites the dust

I do remember some of his mid-1970s fights, as usual he fought as much with his well chosen deprecatory statements as he did with his fists.  And that was what made Ali remarkable, he practiced what he preached.  He was a great human being and I will remember his quotes forever.  "Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee"

• Like 1