British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

jon

CGS membership for free

So tonight I have now been able to sign up for membership for free whereas before it asked me for £99.

I can now view/look up coins etc 

If you want to send some for slabbing you still need to upgrade to "elite" 

Yes they've had a 're-think' - and not the last I'll wager

Makes sense as who would pay a fee just to check up on a coin.

Hope they have a re-think on who can send in coins for slabbing. I was thinking of sending 2 or 3 but not now.

Where is the link for this ? All I can see is that £499 membership ! 

This is just to log on and use the site mark and nothing to do with submitting any.

I.m still unsure as to why they'd even invent an "elite membership" surely if you take an old beaten car to a garage the garage owner won't turn it away just because a Ferrari is sitting next to it, not everyone wants to slab hundreds of coins a year and you have to eat a bit of bread and butter even though you want a steak. They'll be offering special labels next at £20 a pop on top of your grading and elite fees......

Clock is ticking on their downfall, their own stupidity, they think they're all grown up now and can tackle PCGS and NGC :lol:

• Like 1

That's even worse I registered a long time ago so can log in free I guess ! 

They're getting a little too big headed then and that's a shame as something like this had the chance to really work out here as long as they Kept the fees low and the turnaround time a little better.

On 01/06/2016 at 0:45 PM, azda said:

I.m still unsure as to why they'd even invent an "elite membership" surely if you take an old beaten car to a garage the garage owner won't turn it away just because a Ferrari is sitting next to it, not everyone wants to slab hundreds of coins a year and you have to eat a bit of bread and butter even though you want a steak. They'll be offering special labels next at £20 a pop on top of your grading and elite fees......

Clock is ticking on their downfall, their own stupidity, they think they're all grown up now and can tackle PCGS and NGC :lol:

CGS vs PCGS

7 hours ago, jacinbox said:

CGS vs PCGS

No contest

Thats like comparing MAN U and salfford FC.

But some people still go watching salford every week :)

Guest guest
3 hours ago, azda said:

No contest

3 hours ago, azda said:

No contest

Why the contest?

No point in slabbing. Whether it begins with a P or not is irrelevant.

15 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Thats like comparing MAN U and salfford FC.

But some people still go watching salford every week :)

Some will pay for the season ticket too

16 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Why the contest?

No point in slabbing. Whether it begins with a P or not is irrelevant.

Not if you ask the 60 odd million who buy slabbed coins, and only slabbed coins B)

I guess it is the numismatic equivalent of the political establishment's insecurity of running this country's affairs. They prefer subservience to a faceless committee in Brussels rather than make their own minds up as to what is best, whereas the adherents to slabs feel the need to be told what to think when it comes to coins. It cuts both ways. A 65 or 66 is desirable because of the number, a 60 or 61 by contrast is undesirable. B****r the contents, think as you are told.