British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Davethepitch

The Last Round Pound United Kingdom £1 2016

Does anyone know what the mintage figures are for this new not to be released £1 coin and is it worth collecting another for my grandchildren as a possible little investment.

Thanks Dave

1.jpg

Unlimited. Buy so they have one but not as investment. Dan

I assume from what you say, Dave, that this last old issue £1 coin, dated 2016, will not be issed for general circulation?

Just for collectors ,none for circulation.

On 24/05/2016 at 5:13 PM, Davethepitch said:

Does anyone know what the mintage figures are for this new not to be released £1 coin and is it worth collecting another for my grandchildren as a possible little investment.

Thanks Dave

1.jpg

Don't consider the investment angle. Back in the 1960s coin dealers were pushing Churchill Crowns as investments, and today you still can't give them away. Indeed, when you consider that I used to earn £1-10/- for working 8 hours at J Lyons, washing up on a Saturday, five shillings was a fair sum to pay at face value for a coin. Given that you might be able to sell one now for 25p, i.e. today's equivalent face value, if you are lucky, the erosion of value has been huge. It will be no different for this coin. Keep one if you like it, or collect them, but forget investment. 

Hi - where would be the best place to buy one of these?

Thanks

Mark

Royal Mint sell them, I actually bought 1 because it is the best design we have had on a £1

Edited by scott

1 hour ago, scott said:

Royal Mint sell them, I actually bought 1 because it is the best design we have had on a £1

Me too, I quite like it.

Here's the link to it for anyone who's interested, they're £10:

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/The_Last_Round_Pound_2016_United_Kingdom_1_pound_Brilliant_Uncirculated_Coin

22 hours ago, Phaseolus said:

Me too, I quite like it.

Here's the link to it for anyone who's interested, they're £10:

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/The_Last_Round_Pound_2016_United_Kingdom_1_pound_Brilliant_Uncirculated_Coin

Thanks for the link. I think I'll get one of these too. It'll be a nice keepsake in years to come.

there is a round £ in the 2016 set with the shield, selling quite well on ebay, along with the shield 50p