British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

jon

Lighthouse Quickslab capsules

I currently store my coins in 2 x 2 flips  however I am thinking of changing over to capsules.

On another thread I see some of you use Quadrum capsules which I like the idea of as I can remove the coins at any time if I want to (photographing etc)

I came across  Quickslab capsules which I quite like as there is a space to add reference/notes about the coin.

Do any of you use these or have any experience of these, good or bad?

thanks

They look interesting Jon. Like you, I use 2X2 flips but find it frustrating that once the coin is enclosed it is difficult to view it

properly through the plastic. I am considering the quadrum capsules because I can open them whenever I want and have the coin in hand.

The other reason I am thinking about quadrums is that they fit in an album. Not sure about the quickslab, how do you store them?

1 hour ago, IanB said:

.... how do you store them?

You can buy trays for them or storage box type things. Not sure how to do links but coin gallery/andyjack and dave walters/ukb both do them.

I tried a quadrum for fit in one of the flip album pages and it's very tight so if I go the quadrum route I may need to look at new storage options anyway 

The Quadrums are great in the Lighthouse S6 case, andyjack also sells these:

$_57.JPG

• Like 1

That's what I was looking at Non.:)

You can get trays for the quickslab capsules to suit this but they will work out expensive as you can't fit many in the case.

?filter_name=Quadrum

I just tried to paste a link to a URL but it looks like it has not worked. Anyway the link is for a company called Arrowfile who produce inserts to fit into an album. The inserts are made so that Quadrum capsules will fit. 

If my previous post does not work they are easy to find, once on their site, type in Quadrum or their product code RACAP20

• Like 1

Thanks for that Ian. :)

Just had a quick look on my mobile. Will have a good look later when on my laptop.

Lighthouse are none tooo cheap so look on eBay for the boxes to house the capsules. I have just ordered two for 20% the price of Lighthouse .

Lighthouse get their capsuals from China....as I do.^_^