British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

My plans....

I've been thinking about the direction of my collection an in the next year I hope to:

1) Buy at least two Maundy sets. I have my eye on a 1902 set on Andy's site at the moment

2) Branch out into foreign gold - the French 20F Rooster and the later Swiss 20F.

What do you want to complete this year?

I've been thinking about the direction of my collection an in the next year I hope to:

1) Buy at least two Maundy sets. I have my eye on a 1902 set on Andy's site at the moment

2) Branch out into foreign gold - the French 20F Rooster and the later Swiss 20F.

I have quite a few nice Veiled Victoria Maundy sets, do they take your fancy?

I'm hoping to find some BU 1925-29 farthings as this is the largest gap in my 1918-1956 farthing set so far.

After that i also hope to expand on George II farthings...i have seen how cheap they can be after getting a quite lusterous 1758/7 sixpence from ebay for a mere £10. It is the 1750's that i hope to have completed by the end of next year.

As for more things, I will probably find my self within the expencive Victorian bronze series, which is my favourite set of farthings so i do not wish to rush getting through them.

:)

I have quite a few nice Veiled Victoria Maundy sets, do they take your fancy?

Do you have any pictures up? I scoured your listings but couldn't find any mention of them.

No, they're secret at the moment. I have quite a lot of stuff that I simply haven't had the time to put up. I'll sort some pictures out.

Cheers Chris, I take it business is brisk at this time of year?

Cheers Chris, I take it business is brisk at this time of year?

Yes, the accessories and books go a bit mad. It's quieter now of course as people know it's too late for Christmas.

Hi, My 'plan' is to fill as many spaces as I can for as little cost as I can !! Each coin, each year as far as poss.

In a couple of months I have almost completed the decimals (not difficult there !)

I am going back to 1821 wherever possible, not too particular about grading, as my collection is more for fun than 'serious' (can't afford serious). As long as I can read the dates, and fair bit of detail, I'm happy. My parents have started me off with a handful of each coin. Only two groats, though, so I have quite a few to start with. Now learning from CCGB 2005 what I'm not likely to find.

I have to also admit to collecting Euros (well, I'm going to now), as I go abroad at least twice a year and find so many different ones in the change. I've got quite a few left from last holiday, but didn't appreciate then how

many there are.

Yeah, i'm aiming to do the same. Fill some gaps with affordable high grade coins!

1) Buy at least two Maundy sets.  I have my eye on a 1902 set on Andy's site at the moment

Hi Oli - only just noticed this thread!

Have you had any more thoughts on the 1902 set? Or are you looking for something else at the moment?

It's 1903, actually. 1902 must have been a typo or something. I've kinda got my eye on it but I don't want to reserve it or anything.

No problem, Oli. If you should decide to go for it then the ordering process is fairly simple.

Give me a shout if you need a hand.

Or ask either Peter or Sylvester - I'm glad to say that they've both had lots of practice! ;):D