British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil FK

China coin collection from 1914

Anyone know anything about Chinese coins?

Today I went to a pottery out in the sticks of Singapore. Quite a fascinating ramshackle sort of place. In among all the pots etc for sales they had boxes of stuff looking like it had been gathering dust for years. There was this faded (1980?) book collection of China coins from 1914.

I was immediately interested because they didn’t look like fakes. It very difficult to out here to find coins that are not “reproductions”. That red document in the back looks like a certificate of authenticity; but of course that could also be fakeJ.

Think I might go back and make the guy an offer. Any thoughts on price?

China%20coins_zpsbof7hjkb.jpg

Edited by Phil FK

I'm no expert but look interesting 

It looks like there are Yuan Shih-kai dollars also known as Fatman in there. They were first issued in 1914 and are very collectable. It's reckoned that there some 750 million made. Sadly, there's probably an equal number of fakes. My guess is that if you buy the book, tomorrow another equally dusty book will take its place.