British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

Crazy weather

Only a couple of days from May and snowing.

Dont know what the weather is doing :o

Sorry Pete, it's my fault. I've a set of winter tyres for my car. Hence the mild winter when they were (quite unnecessarily) fitted. Obviously, I've got the summer set back on now. :wacko:

The wife has gone to Spain this morning and thinking maybe i should of gone :D

I can't lie, it's pretty nice out today. B)

Late autumn and 20-28 here.  

Still, I'd rather be over there with a metal detector digging up large pots of civil war coins.

Suck it up chaps !  ha ha

Twas always the same. This time in 1979 we intended to go down Birk's Fell Cave above Buckden, but couldn't find the entrance for snow. Oh well, it's only at the bottom of a 10-15' shakehole which had temporarily ceased to exist. Three weeks later it was 20 degrees plus.

23 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I cant remember snow in Manchester in almost May Rob :)

That's because of the clean air act, it used to fall as soot.

• Like 1

Thankfully it is set to get warmer over the next few days, as the Northerly we have had for the last week, is replaced by a more West to South Westerly.  

2 hours ago, Gary D said:

That's because of the clean air act, it used to fall as soot.

:D

Torrential hail here at the moment

I thought we had all that. Must have got a job lot in.

heh snow one week... tropical the next then.

I usually turn off the heating in May....NOT on your Nelly.

It was forecast to have some snow it happens sometimes it was not that bad in Chelmsford a couple of days ago,back to 4 seasons in a minute here.

Its all down to those nasty European bureaucrats. They are showing us what will happen to us if we vote to leave the EU. Fire ands pestilence next, followed by plagues of locusts.

• Like 1

Today here in Berlin it's been a beautiful day, hot and wall to wall sunshine.

6 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

Its all down to those nasty European bureaucrats. They are showing us what will happen to us if we vote to leave the EU. Fire ands pestilence next, followed by plagues of locusts.

Sums up EU. I love Europe but would love for us to take our own decisions (or to make our own mistakes).

Edited by Prax

2 hours ago, Prax said:

Sums up EU. I love Europe but would love for us to take our own decisions (or to make our own mistakes).

So would I, but we're too small to do so, too incompetent, too dependent on Europe and the US to be able to think and act for ourselves. And if we were to vote to leave, the world will end, the heavens will fall, the EU will fall apart and Coronation Street and the Archers will finish. Life as we know it will be over. There won't even be any coins left to count let alone collect.

Edited by DaveG38

9 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

So would I, but we're too small to do so, too incompetent, too dependent on Europe and the US to be able to think and act for ourselves. And if we were to vote to leave, the world will end, the heavens will fall, the EU will fall apart and Coronation Street and the Archers will finish. Life as we know it will be over. There won't even be any coins left to count let alone collect.

Three out of five are acceptable outcomes. Not sure I could cope with the world ending or the heavens falling in. The other three I'll vote for all day long.

Last few days have been superb here in the UK - in the South at least.

They say UKGB have a unique location... that's  why it have that kind of wheather, located in between continental Europe and USA also,from  time to time some polar jet stream from the north,sometimes warm air from south of Atlantic like last December sometimes weather is crucial specially when farming.on other things exchange rate of that tough sterling Pound inside the airport in UKGB i think is quite high almost half or 3/4 slice the value of Euro and other expenses is still quite high for ordinary pundit like me all things are getting expensive now these days.

Edited by josie