British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

The Copthorne collection of pennies

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

I tried putting a couple of bids in last night but they didn't appear to be submitted for some reason. Do you get email confirmation or anything?

No e mail confirmation received by me, Jon, but I did notice that my bids took a few minutes to appear on the site.

• Like 1

Bidding didn't officially open til today I think. I put a bid in after midnight, no email confirmation but I did get an email this morning to say I had been outbid!

Neil lets everyone know the day after as sometimes gets a few bids on the same day.

19 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Neil lets everyone know the day after as sometimes gets a few bids on the same day.

Cheers Pete. 

36 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Bidding didn't officially open til today I think. I put a bid in after midnight, no email confirmation but I did get an email this morning to say I had been outbid!

Must be one that is sought after Paul :o

4 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Must be one that is sought after Paul :o

Yes, thanks for that Pete! :P

What's happened to my 1967? 

Pete you said I could have it. :(

4 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

What's happened to my 1967? 

Pete you said I could have it. :(

They thought it would be better going in SPINK as really scarce and might reach 50p :o

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

They thought it would be better going in SPINK as really scarce and might reach 50p :o

Which auction? That was my one chance of owning a Copthorne. :(

27 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Which auction? That was my one chance of owning a Copthorne. :(

What's the lowest low estimate in the auction I wonder?

Just now, Paulus said:

What's the lowest low estimate in the auction I wonder?

£3 I think.

yea but those are already up to a fiver.

so much money

Glad i dont buy errors  although a nice coin.

The 1964 is going out of sight :o

Yes that's me and Chris (another error collector who used to post here). We usually end up bidding each other for the same errors.

The last LCA there were a few so we had an agreement on which we would go for so we didn't just bid each other up haha, unfortunately only the one in this auction so it's a free-for-all.

I did wonder if you had anything to do with that Nordle. :D

I don't like the waiting. I've got to sit here for a week hoping that Pete doesn't want what I want. :(

46 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

I don't like the waiting. I've got to sit here for a week hoping that Pete doesn't want what I want. :(

I suspect he already has a 1953 F245 :P

I have had no bid confirmation. I bid yesterday and my bids seem to have gone on!!!

I don't think you actually get a confirmation, just a notification if you're outbid. Good to double check the lots you've bid on though just in case!

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

I suspect he already has a 1953 F245 :P

Well I had to raise my sights as the 1967 didn't appear for sale. :D

8 hours ago, bhx7 said:

I have had no bid confirmation. I bid yesterday and my bids seem to have gone on!!!

I got an email from Neil yesterday morning as he was aware (somehow) that not all of the bids I'd tried to place had been registered. They're both showing now. :P

Any ideas on what is meant by "struck on a smaller diameter foreign flan, therefore no rim." (Lot 213)? The reason I ask is because although in the CC picture on the obv. it looks as if there is no rim from about 5 o'clock to 1 o'clock, looking at Steve's pictures the rim is fully present..

If the flan is even slightly smaller, some, all or none of a particular feature can be struck up. It's a complete lottery as to what is seen.

It's a pity Steve didn't list the provenances of every coin. Saves having to go back through the sales to find them and at least gives you a starting point to push them back further in time.

I suppose, but at the moment I don't get many opportunties to do historical research on provenance mainly due to the coins I'm buying, so I don't mind too much!

I get that for you it's more frequent! Although I know that Steve definitely has the information available, so any you do buy (if you do) he can probably shed a little more light.