British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

The Copthorne collection of pennies

3 hours ago, secret santa said:

I'll compile a list and make it available.

Please.....

But sadly I may not be able to play with the big boys for a couple of months, I spent most of my penny fund with Baldwins at the London Coin Fair yesterday. Hopefully photos in the appropriate place in due course.

Jerry

You are on a roll Jerry.

Only got mine the other day due to international shipping and the lax attitude of the people in this country :mellow: Interested to know what others think to the 3 pictures I have, first mine, second CC's and lastly Steve's... I personally prefer mine but I took it so it's biased of course.

1.jpg

• Like 1

Prefer 3rd

I Prefer the 2nd one Matt :lol:

Nice coin.

I was joking Matt yours looks the best one 

Edited by PWA 1967

When I was a lad, they used to say that the camera never lies. Different versions of the truth, maybe ?????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, secret santa said:

When I was a lad, they used to say that the camera never lies. Different versions of the truth, maybe ?????

Very true, always difficult to compare coins photographed under different lighting conditions, don't like the thumb print on the second one though

Although I liked Steve's pennies that I won, the photos were a bit more exciting from CC than the actual coins....

If anyone is interested in a copy of the prices realised ....email colin cooke and sure they will mail them as a print off to put with the catalogue :)

• Like 1

On 6/14/2016 at 5:16 PM, VickySilver said:

Although I liked Steve's pennies that I won, the photos were a bit more exciting from CC than the actual coins....

The auction has finished VICKY ,can i ask what you mean by more exciting :o

Uh, well, they were presented with a bit more lustre than the actual items...Which were nicely struck, just that the metal surfaces on the actual coins are not as nice as the CC pictures.

Did you buy something exciting ?

Must be difficult to not buy from two sets of pictures as you had ,both Steves website as a comparable to Colin cooke ?.

Nope, not a big player this time and only got some Ed7's. Really more into Vick silver ! LOL! But will chase some penny date rarities - not hypervarietals though, and SS got the only one I really bid on, which he wanted more than I....

Vicky ...Chill out as you told me a few months ago.

You just bought a cleaned 1905 penny for £xxxxxxx

Dont be talking to much about photos.....:lol: :lol:

Hat off.

LOL! Well, pennies are a rough go in competition for the better bits & DNW got my bank on a few of the silvers....

7 minutes ago, VickySilver said:

LOL! Well, pennies are a rough go in competition for the better bits & DNW got my bank on a few of the silvers....

Hat off ...anything nice Vicky :)

Well, I did get the 1863/1 shilling that was actually quite prooflike. Some numby years ago fingered it though. Also I got the 1841 shilling more recently that was quite proofy looking as well. A while back I have to confess to getting the MS64 1854 shilling (now I note Stack's has one in "65"! But have to see it). Jaggy hunts down the 6ds, but these I've largely finished so he does not have a lot of competition.The shillings I have been busy upgrading and pretty well know that series up, down, and sideways. Of cours I also got that "golden sixpence" 1843 half sov that Azda hosted a pic of on the Recent Aquisition thread.

Watch Vicky go at Baldwins and DNW flashing his mighty $....Plenty of Bronze competition with Chris's new book.:rolleyes:B):D

There are a few left of these left unsold and I felt I couldn't miss the opportunity to snap up a rarity, namely the 1861 Freeman 28, which he has at rarity 18. Made Steve an offer of £250 via Lee, which he accepted. Picked up the coin from the Post Office today. Very pleased.

• Like 2