British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

The Copthorne collection of pennies

I am up against someone who won't take no for an answer. Just bid again after being outbid.

4 minutes ago, jacinbox said:

I am up against someone who won't take no for an answer. Just bid again after being outbid.

Same here.

I hope we aren't after the same lot B)

:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, jon said:

Nice coin. I bid on that too :)

Had a little more on it but was pleased to get it at that.  Just stuck to the 1 after I was outbid on the other's. 

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

Still waiting to hear for certain about the other one, the1861 Freeman 22.

I had a bid on that one but not rebidding so could be yours.:D

I bid on nine, seem to have won 7, lost out on 1 and 1 still in abeyance, may find out tomorrow.  I'm going to pick mine up at the Midland Coin Fair , so I'll have something to look forward to. 

I am pleased with the F16 and F17 vhich are good up-grades, and I went for the grotty F41 1862 halfpenny date numbers, considerably cheaper than Steve bought it for at LCA. Verdicare will sort the green, eventually. The F66 leaves only the 2 'I' reverses to complete 1874 currency pennies in high grade. The 1918H looks nice, and the 1930 is an upgrade.

I hope you all had something you wanted, and I hope Steve is satisfied with the  result.

Jerry

• Like 2

Lot 44 is showing as sold at 1 bid so think that should be mine. Would dearly like to know who outbid me for lot 3. :angry:

And 131. And 181. And 147. And 210. And 221. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danz said:

I had a bid on that one but not rebidding so could be yours.:D

To be honest, I'm not that fussed about it. The other two were my main targets - so if you do want it, I wouldn't re-bid again after another bid by you. 

Just let me know and I'll e mail Neil and tell him I won't be re-bidding. This should work assuming we're the only two bidders. 

Edited by 1949threepence
ETA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jelida said:

I bid on nine, seem to have won 7, lost out on 1 and 1 still in abeyance, may find out tomorrow.  I'm going to pick mine up at the Midland Coin Fair , so I'll have something to look forward to. 

I am pleased with the F16 and F17 vhich are good up-grades, and I went for the grotty F41 1862 halfpenny date numbers, considerably cheaper than Steve bought it for at LCA. Verdicare will sort the green, eventually. The F66 leaves only the 2 'I' reverses to complete 1874 currency pennies in high grade. The 1918H looks nice, and the 1930 is an upgrade.

I hope you all had something you wanted, and I hope Steve is satisfied with the  result.

Jerry

Which one did you lose out on, Jerry?

Well done on the rest. Not sure there even are any reverse I's in high grade. Actually, the one in Steve's collection remains unsold.   

5 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I don't quite get it. I bid on three. One is showing as sold and shows my last bid as the high one. The other two still have my bids as the high ones, but show as latest bids. So I don't know what's going on.

5 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

If the bid has been made over the internet neil must inform them the bid was not enough and ask should they wish to bid again.

Obviously over the phone is easier.

The one showing as sold the bidder will have told Neil they dont wish to go any higher.

Think thats how it works Mike :)

5 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

I suppose he's waiting for replies from the other bidders on the two not changed to sold before he marks it as sold.

I think what threw me was that lot 50 had been the same since last Wednesday, when I made my bid. I just assumed the first bidder had already been given the chance to re-bid, and spurned it.  

Cheers 1949TP but £100 was the max i could go for as i have (fingers crossed) got 3 others.

9 minutes ago, Danz said:

Cheers 1949TP but £100 was the max i could go for as i have (fingers crossed) got 3 others.

OK, Danz, no worries :)

2 hours ago, jacinbox said:

Think yourself lucky Gary my bidding rival has not bid again since lunchtime :D

53 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Which one did you lose out on, Jerry?

Well done on the rest. Not sure there even are any reverse I's in high grade. Actually, the one in Steve's collection remains unsold.   

The second 1880, beautiful coin but somebody wants it more than me, it would have been an upgrade. There'll always be another, and more auctions in the pipeline:ph34r:.

My F69 is only AF, and still looking for an F76.

Jerry

Still waiting

It's probabable that no-one will get any information until the whole auction ends, i.e all bids are finalised. I know if it were me running it I would want to wait for it to finish before preparing the invoices, just in case missing someone out who is still bidding etc.

9 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

what for.......:lol:

Waiting for the pages to refresh, so keeping my powder dry at the moment just incase it goes into a bidding war.

I think I may have 4 so far. lots 185, 175, 158 & 211

1 minute ago, IanB said:

I think I may have 4 so far. lots 185, 175, 158 & 211

So I was up against you with lot 175 :D

Nice coin 

24 minutes ago, IanB said:

Waiting for the pages to refresh, so keeping my powder dry at the moment just incase it goes into a bidding war.

A bidding war :lol:

2 minutes ago, jon said:

So I was up against you with lot 175 :D

Nice coin 

Yes, I figured we were going for the same one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

A bidding war :lol:

Maybe a slight exaggeration.  I should have said a bidding amble:blink:

• Like 1

:lol: