British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

The Copthorne collection of pennies

Very interesting. One of the first pages I came across online when I came back to the hobby. Could some one put the link here when the auction catalogue is up and running. Thanks

7 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

A nice 1967 penny for you Jon :P

I suppose you've already got one? :D

Quite shocked by the news but completely understand the market is ripe and priorities change. 

guys you know you can't afford anything, dont bother bidding

so i can win everything for 99p each >.>

there is actually a 1967 :D

Edited by scott

34 minutes ago, scott said:

guys you know you can't afford anything, dont bother bidding

so i can win everything for 99p each >.>

there is actually a 1967 :D

I'm sure Baldwins pattern 1933 1d will be whetting a few of the 1d crunchers appetites as well. 

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Quite shocked by the news but completely understand the market is ripe and priorities change. 

I must admit, I'm very surprised. The last I knew, Steve (Accumulator) was an absolutely avid penny collector. But as you say, personal priorities change. 

There are some extremely nice pieces in that collection, which will attract a lot of money/bids, I'm sure.  

18 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

It's just a expansive collection of pennies, when auctions have a big sale for a collection owned by an individual they normally name it for posterity or future attribution. Normally the collector's name.

I have a few pennies from the Dr. Findlow collection, it helps refer back for the history of a coin. 

Indeed, and Colin Cooke has quite a few, such as the Alderley, Crocker, Workman and Edinburgh collections. Normally reserved for the superior collections. There have been other collections such as "The Gentleman's collection of pennies", but because they aren't so big, the images aren't permanently retained for posterity in the collections section.

9 hours ago, bhx7 said:

Very interesting. One of the first pages I came across online when I came back to the hobby. Could some one put the link here when the auction catalogue is up and running. Thanks

Will do :)

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I was going to post in this forum once my collection appeared on the Colin Cooke website, but the rumour mill has prompted me to come out of hiding earlier!

I've added text to the front page of my website (see signature link below) which explains the background to my decision but basically, as much as I have enjoyed every moment of assembling the collection, priorities in life can change.  I will very much miss the vibrant penny collecting community and hope that any purchasers gain as much pleasure from owning these coins as I have over the years.

If anyone has specific questions, please feel to post here or message me.  I will check back from time to time to reply or answer any questions.

All the best,

Steve

• Like 4

I now find that I can't view this site other than home page - are other people having trouble ?

Wow I didn't realise that you found the Freeman 192a in change! What a find..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, secret santa said:

I now find that I can't view this site other than home page - are other people having trouble ?

Me too, other then pages I looked at last night and which might be in the computers cache. 

His updated front page does say that the website is no longer live. A bit short-sighted as it makes an excellent advert for the coins. I doubt that Colin Cooke's pictures will do it justice.

I've had so many requests to make the collection visible through the website, so I'll do this as soon as I'm home again in an hour or so!

• Like 1

Good man Steve and best of luck with the auction, although you won't need it !!!!!:lol:

3 hours ago, Accumulator said:

Everything should be visible again now!  Thank you for all your kind comments.

Thanks Steve! :)

20 hours ago, Accumulator said:

Everything should be visible again now!  Thank you for all your kind comments.

Sorry to see you selling up Steve , best of luck . Getting on myself you see .   Terry

Can I just say a massive thanks Steve for your web page. It was the first page I found online prior to coming to the forum and gave me a lot of inspiration. Your site and Richards as well as other members of this forum are resources which I have used time and time again. I am sure there are many other members and non members who have been awed over the years by these fantastic online pages and that many have gone on to embrace the joy of this brilliant and very addictive hobby.

Thanks Guys

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bhx7 said:

Can I just say a massive thanks Steve for your web page. It was the first page I found online prior to coming to the forum and gave me a lot of inspiration. Your site and Richards as well as other members of this forum are resources which I have used time and time again. I am sure there are many other members and non members who have been awed over the years by these fantastic online pages and that many have gone on to embrace the joy of this brilliant and very addictive hobby.

Thanks Guys

Hear hear :)

• Like 1

Yes agree and a site i have used dozens of times over the last few years.

Maybe i will end up with a coin from the site :)

Any news when the auction is due to take place?

Don't want to go to the May 8th  Midlands fair and spend all my money there and then find out this takes place a day or so after. 

Firstly, many thanks to Chris for letting me post details here.  It feels more like letting my mates know, than out and out advertising, so I don't feel too guilty!

I've now been advised of the following timetable:

Tuesday 3rd May (probably late afternoon);  the catalogue and full details will appear on the Colin Cooke website.  The sale itself will run from 17-24th May.

Steve

• Like 4