British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sword

CGS "membership" Fee

On 28/07/2016 at 10:47 AM, Nordle11 said:

If it helps anyone, you can see the pictures for your coins if you have the UIN;

Using Paul's example -  http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk/img.php?u=39472&f=r&  - if you change the 39472 for your UIN you can see the reverse. If you then change the 'f' at the end (&f=r&) to a b, it will show the obverse.

Example obverse - http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk/img.php?u=37060&b=r&

Example reverse - http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk/img.php?u=37060&f=r&

Looks like London Coins have realised this and the links no longer work. You get a "Permission denied. Permission denied"  message. 

However they have also inadvertently disabled all the photos  on the "Coins for Sale" section of their London Coins website by doing this. Makes no difference of course as no one want to buy at their silly CGS prices anyway.

:lol:

I thought this could happen, so I got in and exported pictures of my coin with the "London Coins" stamped on the bottom...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

Yes I have 9 with them at the moment. I was told I should see them the week commencing the 15th.

Hope they can keep their promise. But did they mention August or 2016? :D

Guest marston59
14 minutes ago, SWANNY said:

I thought this could happen, so I got in and exported pictures of my coin with the "London Coins" stamped on the bottom...

yes I copied all of mine, just goes to show London coins will do everything they can to stop you viewing your own coin pictures unless you pay.

When I could access the site, there was a member 'senrac' (yes with an N not an M) with a goodly number of CGS graded coins ... just an observation!

CGS Coin Grading has not stopped trading according to Companies House

Registered office address
4-6 Upper Street South, New Ash Green, Kent, DA3 8JJ
Company status
Active
Company type
Private limited Company
Incorporated on
21 June 2005

3 minutes ago, SWANNY said:

CGS Coin Grading has not stopped trading according to Companies House

Registered office address
4-6 Upper Street South, New Ash Green, Kent, DA3 8JJ
Company status
Active
Company type
Private limited Company
Incorporated on
21 June 2005

My guess is that they have (or will) ceased  trading and have become a dormant company. 

I put money on it that the company will not be active in September, any takers ?

Depends on the odds.. :ph34r:

On 28/07/2016 at 10:47 AM, Nordle11 said:

If it helps anyone, you can see the pictures for your coins if you have the UIN;

Using Paul's example -  http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk/img.php?u=39472&f=r&  - if you change the 39472 for your UIN you can see the reverse. If you then change the 'f' at the end (&f=r&) to a b, it will show the obverse.

Example obverse - http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk/img.php?u=37060&b=r&

Example reverse - http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk/img.php?u=37060&f=r&

Looks like London Coins have realised this and the links no longer work. You get a "Permission denied. Permission denied"  message. 

However they have also inadvertently disabled all the photos  on the "Coins for Sale" section of their London Coins website by doing this. Makes no difference of course as no one want to buy at their silly CGS prices anyway.

Update: London Coins have now figured out that they have disabled the photos on their own website and so the links are working again. Last chance (for what's that worth) to download any CGS photos before they disable the links again. 

Companies House are usually working 3-6 weeks in arrears. CGS could already be sleeping with the fishes.

1 hour ago, Sword said:

Update: London Coins have now figured out that they have disabled the photos on their own website and so the links are working again. Last chance (for what's that worth) to download any CGS photos before they disable the links again. 

Could that be due to the email thanking them for the pictures of my coin (with London coins displayed) :o

Guest marston59

Has anybody paid the new membership fee?

2 hours ago, Guest marston59 said:

Has anybody paid the new membership fee?

Yes paid last friday ?.

Guest marston59
3 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Yes paid last friday ?.

Is the layout of the site the same as cgs

1 minute ago, Guest marston59 said:

Is the layout of the site the same as cgs

Hi Marston, if you're on Facebook you may want to join the group 'Coin Grading Services (CGS) Collectors', Bill Pugsley has posted detailed information on what the LCGS site currently offers

Guest marston59
10 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Hi Marston, if you're on Facebook you may want to join the group 'Coin Grading Services (CGS) Collectors', Bill Pugsley has posted detailed information on what the LCGS site currently offers

sorry but I'm not on facebook

Guest marston59
33 minutes ago, Guest marston59 said:

sorry but I'm not on facebook

just been on LCGS they don't even display grading prices, looks like its a secret.

Guest marston59
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Sword said:

Hope they can keep their promise. But did they mention August or 2016? :D

Have you had your coins back yet?

1 hour ago, Guest marston59 said:

Have you had your coins back yet?

Nope nothing as yet and no feedback to my request for an update on Monday. Given I cannot log in now I do not even know what stage they are at.

Guest marston59
26 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

Nope nothing as yet and no feedback to my request for an update on Monday. Given I cannot log in now I do not even know what stage they are at.

I was told that mine would be ready this week, my invoice is INV03412

Your invoice number is 30 or so ahead of mine so you would imagine yours will be returned first but only god and those who have paid the members ship fee will know when they will return....

Does anyone know the names of any of the coin graders at CGS - LCGS  (looks like they have not changed)

As management at LCGS refuse to reply to any emails, I thought I would try to talk to a grader