British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeMoZ

1982 Lg. date over small date lincoln cent

Guest DeMoZ

Hey,

A couple of years ago i found a 1982 penny in circulation that appeared to be large date variety. Upon closer examination you could clearly see that a small 1982 was underneith (as in the large 1982 was struck on top of the small date) and to the left of the large date.

Examining it under a microscope it did appear very obvious there was an error. Well this was back about 10 years ago and I long ago lost the coin. I was wondering if anyone else had seen one of these beasts and if so is there any information anywhere on the web about this particular error? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Guest Guest

For clarification I'm talking about a 1982 Lincoln cent (U.S.)

Guest Guest

Yeah but how...you gotta be a member to do anything on that site...thanks though