British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mike

Choice 1937 Halfcrown (currency)

I am looking for a choice example of 1937 currency Halfcrown - minimum or no contact marks, bag marks, lustrous, no hairlines, no wear, etc. As example I  have attached pictures of the Halfcrown in the grade I am looking for. I am happy to pay over the book price for truly choice piece. Thanks for any tips or offers.

1937r.jpg

1937o.jpg

You should be able to do better than that.Patience is a virtue.

I agree with Peter, that example is not particularly choice

9 hours ago, Peter said:

You should be able to do better than that.Patience is a virtue.

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

I agree with Peter, that example is not particularly choice

Thank you for your comments, if you see better one  please let me know, I'll be very grateful. 

PS what in particular you do not like about the pictured coin - in my eyes this is truly choice coin - evenly toned over full mint  lustre, almost no bag or contact marks, no edge problems etc. I have attached two further photographs to show how 99,9% of dealers UNC George VI half crowns look like ... 

example2.jpg

example1.jpg

Sign in to follow this