British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nutsaboutcoins

Buckingham Palace £100 coin

Hi,

For anyone who missed out on the £100 Buckingham Palace coin, the Royal Mint are selling them through their eBay shop for just £100 post free.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Royal-Mint-Big-Ben-2015-UK-100-Fine-Silver-Coin-UK15100B-/152016434474?hash=item2364e2b52a:g:asoAAOSwFNZWvJLt 

So much for them selling out within hours!

Ian..

Sorry, that should have read Big Ben not Buckingham Palace. And I haven't even had a drink tonight!

• Like 1

The RM and banks are no longer taking these back at FV, this whole con has now been exposed and undermined imo

Chris has a Facebook Group devoted to the topic, ' Pay your court debt/fines in £20, £50 and £100 coins NOW '

I wonder if they're selling the ones that people have returned (which may not be entirely legal as they are 2nd hand)?

I've got a £50 coin that I had to buy in order to do pics for the book. No one will even give me £43 for it now. I'll see if I can send it back the RM.

5 hours ago, Chris Perkins said:

I wonder if they're selling the ones that people have returned (which may not be entirely legal as they are 2nd hand)?

I've got a £50 coin that I had to buy in order to do pics for the book. No one will even give me £43 for it now. I'll see if I can send it back the RM.

Or have they minted more, undermining the value even more?

Just got your 2016 decimal book Chris, great work, will have to check all my coins again for varieties I didn't know existed.

Ian..

• Like 2

It's like saying "it's REAL money, providing you don't try to spend it"

It wonder if you can pay your taxes with them. i.e. do taxes count as "debts" to the government?