British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
John Kamps

Westphalia AV 10 Franken/ Tuscany 3 Zecchini

more recent acquisitions...

obv. AV 10 Franken 1813-C (Kassel Mint) King Jerome Napoleon

obv./rev. AV 3 Zecchini 1781 Florenz Mint Leopold II of Habsburg

john photos 1 035 (Medium).jpg

john photos 1 005 (Medium).jpg

john photos 1 006 (Medium).jpg

Congratulations!!! Both in perfect condition and very rare . 

My curiosity : do you have also genoese coins ? 

Yes, I have only two.

I will post them. One I need to take foto.

Here is AV Dukat ND Doge Battista Campofregosi circa 1478-83

Cheers 

John

john photos 1 005 (Medium).jpg

very nice coin the ducato of Battista Campofregoso , it is not a particulary rare coin but the variant ( as your ) with  the I I and AN in nesso is a little bit rarer then others .

Thanks for additional info. My favorite coin from Genoa are the 96 Lire from1792-97 with the Madonna/Shield supported by Griffins. There was a nice mint state example from Bolaffi Auctions, sadly it went way over estimate. Here is that other coin...AV Doppia 1616 Genoa Mint Doge Rulers

john photos 1 002 (Medium).jpg

john photos 1 003 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1

The 96 lire is probably the commonest genoese gold coin , of course in high conservation the price becomes important. Inportant for this coin is buy the variety without star after the date. The last june bolaffi auction had a very important collection of genoese coins with great rarities I was in the saleroom .

Congratulations for your doppia ! If I am not wrong it is from the Gadoury auction 2013 lot 537 ( I won the lot 417 in that auction ) 

Yes, I did bid on a really nice 96 Lire at Bolaffi Auction (I was working that day in my landscape business!) Turned out I was outbid by quite a bit. The Doppia coin was "unsold" so I bought it for the opening bid of 1200 Euros. The 96 Lire was offered as alta quailta, I asked them what that meant they said like MS-64 in US. Kunker had a US slabbed MS-66 Netherlands 1840 10 Gulden, Kunker graded it almost unc.! In Europe, most coins graded Stempelglanz/FDC/SC/Mintstate would be MS-67 or better in US slabs.