British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

A watershed EU summit has ended with a clear rejection of special treatment for the UK. on.ft.com/294VD5w

16 hours ago, mhcoins said:

A watershed EU summit has ended with a clear rejection of special treatment for the UK. on.ft.com/294VD5w

Well their public face has got to be one of playing hardball, what goes on behind the schemes is another matter.

With impending elections for a number of Northern European countries coming within the next 6 months, France and Germany notably, it would send a clear message to any opposition of the EU if they are seen to play hard ball with the UK, to try and stop any support for similar thoughts of exit by other member states.

The longer Article 50 is not activated, the closer these Elections get, that I would think is their greatest fear, especially with most of the World Markets, including the UK recovering to pre Brexit levels, with the notable exception of some EU states

Edited by Chingford

2 hours ago, Chingford said:

With impending elections for a number of Northern European countries coming within the next 6 months, France and Germany notably, it would send a clear message to any opposition of the EU if they are seen to play hard ball with the UK, to try and stop any support for similar thoughts of exit by other member states.

The longer Article 50 is not activated, the closer these Elections get, that I would think is their greatest fear, especially with most of the World Markets, including the UK recovering to pre Brexit levels, with the notable exception of some EU states

The UK market may have recovered in £ but is still well down in $.

It's good for me, my buying power increased by about 20% overnight :D  

4 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

It's good for me, my buying power increased by about 20% overnight :D  

I would use that uplift wisely. The EU is not as robust as it would believe. What you can't control has the ability to destroy you and it is not in control of the destabilising mass immigration, nor does it have any desire to engage with any disaffected EU citizens and parties. Head in the sand attitudes usually result in a kick up the backside while you are bending over as this country's politicians found to their cost.

On a lighter note, in Sunderland - from the BBC website. :D

European Way, road closed sign

Email received from no.1 son. Puts Yes, Minister to shame.

From the Guardian I believe.... reposted on the FT

So, let me get this straight... the leader of the opposition campaigned to stay but secretly wanted to leave, so his party held a non-binding vote to shame him into resigning so someone else could lead the campaign to ignore the result of the non-binding referendum which many people now think was just angry people trying to shame politicians into seeing they'd all done nothing to help them. 

Meanwhile, the man who campaigned to leave because he hoped losing would help him win the leadership of his party, accidentally won and ruined any chance of leading because the man who thought he couldn't lose, did - but resigned before actually doing the thing the vote had been about. The man who'd always thought he'd lead next, campaigned so badly that everyone thought he was lying when he said the economy would crash - and he was, but it did, but he's not resigned, but, like the man who lost and the man who won, also now can't become leader. Which means the woman who quietly campaigned to stay but always said she wanted to leave is likely to become leader instead. 

Which means she holds the same view as the leader of the opposition but for opposite reasons, but her party's view of this view is the opposite of the opposition's. And the opposition aren't yet opposing anything because the leader isn't listening to his party, who aren't listening to the country, who aren't listening to experts or possibly paying that much attention at all. However, none of their opponents actually want to be the one to do the thing that the vote was about, so there's not yet anything actually on the table to oppose anyway. And if no one ever does do the thing that most people asked them to do, it will be undemocratic and if any one ever does do it, it will be awful.  

Clear?

just ignore the stupid vote and get on with our lives.

And back to coins!  :wacko:

here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Debbie said:

here

Welcome back Debbie :)

Not convinced about the love token description though. :blink:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rob said:

Welcome back Debbie :)

Not convinced about the love token description though. :blink:

Nicely polished though.

• Like 1

EuroSchein_zpsh65pwzky.jpg

Attention!!! Important Anouncement!!! Please cross the British isle out of the bank notes graphic depiction at once. Otherwise the note will be declared null & void.

Received this via WhatsApp :D:D:D:rolleyes:

Edited by ChKy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChKy said:

EuroSchein_zpsh65pwzky.jpg

Attention!!! Important Anouncement!!! Please cross the British isle out of the bank notes graphic depiction at once. Otherwise the note will be declared null & void.

Received this via WhatsApp :D:D:D:rolleyes:

In that case I would like to acquire as many void notes as possible at a 90% discount to face and generate my own income for the cost of a ball-point pen. If am will to pay postage for delivering them to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

In that case I would like to acquire as many void notes as possible at a 90% discount to face and generate my own income for the cost of a ball-point pen. If am will to pay postage for delivering them to me.

lachen.giflachen.giflachen.gif

except the Note has other non-EU countries on it :P

2 hours ago, scott said:

except the Note has other non-EU countries on it :P

I'm not sure the people who sent the 'Whatsapp' are bright enough to realise that.

14 hours ago, Debbie said:

here

F U   Forever United?

Has Ireland become one?

If it is like "spot the ball" N Yorkshire can do one.....I had better let my Sis know....Is York fair still on?

10 hours ago, jaggy said:

I'm not sure the people who sent the 'Whatsapp' are bright enough to realise that.

Well... here in Germany we have a saying: Wer den Schaden hat, braucht für den Spott nicht zu sorgen

The www suggest following expression in English: The laugh is always on the loser

There are lots of messages like that around. Yesterday I received following:

America and Britain are having a competition on who can fuck themselves up the most. Britain is in the lead, but America has a Trump card. That is kind of gallows humour...

Hopefully the US public will vote for the least bad option, but I wouldn't bet on it. One saving grace is that the Republican party are unlikely to unite behind him if he does win.

47 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hopefully the US public will vote for the least bad option, but I wouldn't bet on it. One saving grace is that the Republican party are unlikely to unite behind him if he does win.

Trump is riding the same kind of emotion that fueled much of the Brexit vote; a total distrust of the political establishment and a feeling that society and the economy has passed them by. I rather suspect that some of the European leaders are fearful that a similar movement might unseat them and especially after the UK voted for Brexit.