British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Wow, just wow.  That's all I can say.  

I found the numbers posted by @TomGoodheart interesting (but not surprising).  The old fogeys voting to Leave must realize they have now left a shit-storm-disaster for the younger generation.  

I don't see what this vote proved other than that lying politicians are willing to "spin" reality any which way they can to advance their self-serving ideals.  Boris Johnson is the "Donald Trump" of the UK.  I'm just hoping that we don't do something similar to this mess in the USA come November 8th.

Now off to ebay.co.uk to look at coins for a 10% discount on yesterday... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, jaggy said:
  • 1 hour ago, jaggy said:

The EU has form for renegotiating and coming back for a second vote. They have done that with both Denmark and Ireland in the past.

That was the reform Treaty, or Lisbon Treaty, of which Article 50 is part

10 minutes ago, brg5658 said:

Wow, just wow.  That's all I can say.  

I found the numbers posted by @TomGoodheart interesting (but not surprising).  The old fogeys voting to Leave must realize they have now left a shit-storm-disaster for the younger generation.  

I don't see what this vote proved other than that lying politicians are willing to "spin" reality any which way they can to advance their self-serving ideals.  Boris Johnson is the "Donald Trump" of the UK.  I'm just hoping that we don't do something similar to this mess in the USA come November 8th.

Now off to ebay.co.uk to look at coins for a 10% discount on yesterday... :ph34r:

Actually, Boris Johnson is American .... born in New York City. 

I just hope Boris doesn't get any traction, my opinion of him since he joined the exit campaign has gone down quicker than the FTSE this morning. And as for Gove, he's broken everything he has touched.

Just now, jaggy said:

Actually, Boris Johnson is American .... born in New York City. 

I'm aware of where he was born.  Was there a meaningful point to your reply?  Where his parents happened to be living when he came out of the womb is of little import here -- he's a British politician, period.

1 minute ago, brg5658 said:

I'm aware of where he was born.  Was there a meaningful point to your reply?  Where his parents happened to be living when he came out of the womb is of little import here -- he's a British politician, period.

So you don't think he could be Trumps love child.:D

Just now, Gary1000 said:

So you don't think he could be Trumps love child.:D

He certainly looks the part. :lol:

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

The vote is what it is. The question is what are the next steps? In my opinion - and once the dust has settled - the EU are going to come back with a better offer to try to keep the UK in.

As far as I'm aware and read, this isn't the case, both Germany and France have said they wouldn't make it an easy ride for the UK so that the rest of the EU doesn't try  and renegotiate their membership

Suddenly I have around 25 kg British high grade, higher value coins for sale... Please hurry up with fair offers. Within the next two years S&H to UK (remaining England w/o Northern Ireland & Scotland) would implicate higher customs fees as well :P:unsure:

edit: needless to say that one of my life insurance policies is coached by a british insurance company...

Edited by ChKy

11 minutes ago, ChKy said:

Suddenly I have around 25 kg British high grade, higher value coins for sale... Please hurry up with fair offers. Within the next two years S&H to UK (remaining England w/o Northern Ireland & Scotland) would implicate higher customs fees as well :P:unsure:

edit: needless to say that one of my life insurance policies is coached by a british insurance company...

Sorry ChKy, I've already had a much better offer (again). After a 6 month hiatus interspersed with only 5 offers, the Indian idiot has resumed his daily diatribe. :(

first i want to tell you that you want to deposit advance cash of 80,00,000/- pounds in my account. bucause of this is our first deal and i want do it correctly. and then we sign document about the deal.

i have maharaja bhagavat sinhji clocks orrlions company of madras (1860) worth 10,00,000/- pounds. all the photos added

if you charged commission you want deposit all the amount( 80,00,000/- pounds

this is request to you that i want this value ( 80,00,000/-) . i give minimum 2000 ancient coins if you are not satified with this. i give you more 8000 ancient coins to you. but i want this value. first you want to cash deposit 80,00,000/- pounds in my account.

res. sir,

herewith i know you that i have lots of ancient coin to sell. like 50,000/- ancient  coins, but  i want to sell 2000 ancient coin in 80,00,000/- pounds advance cash deposit in my account before deal document signed by us. from myside no cheat, no fraud, just honest deals from me. because i want to go far with you and this business. i have lots of ancient items to sell. i have potential to give you  profitable items.

if you are interested  please call me of email me. 00918469466030. chintan tank, near new haveli, jamnavad road, LAXMI KLYAN, NEAR SANGATH APP. DHORAJI:- 360 410, RAJKOT, GUJRAT, INDIA.

details of coins

1. rs.1 coins    :- 39 pecies

2. rs.50 paisa   :- 38 pecies

3. rs.25 paisa    :- 60 pecies

4. rs. 20 paisa   :- 7  pecies

5. rs. 10 paisa   :- 879 pecies

6. rs. 5 paisa    :- 801 pecies

7. rs. 3 paisa    :- 1 pecies

8. rs. 2 paisa    :- 9 paisa

9. rs. 1 paisa    :- 2 pecies

10 rs. 1/2 paisa :- 1 pecies

11. victoria coin :- 10 coins

12. maharaja
    pragmalji

maharaj     :- 1 pecies

13. princely coin :- 1pecies

14. silver coin

of victoriya  :- 2 pecies TERMS AND CONDITION OF DEAL

1. WE DEAL VIA BANK WIRE AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORT

2. YOU MUST WANT TO DEPOSIT ADVANCE CASH IN MY ACCOUNT(50% OF MAIN AMOUNT 80,00,000/- POUNDS)

3. I GIVE YOU 2000 ANCIENT COINS IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFY OF ITS PROFIT I GIVE MORE COINS AND GIVE YOU PROFITABLE BUSINESS.

5 hours ago, mhcoins said:

Also just read within 3 hours the UK Economy lost $350 Billion Pounds, the exquivilant of what about 40 years of EU contributions  

But the FTSE 100 is still higher than it was 2 weeks ago, and much higher than in May.  Most of that '$350 billion' has already been recovered since this morning. There is a lot of scare-mongering, people trying to justify what they said before the vote, but the decision has been made by the will of the people and we all have to come to terms with that, and hope for a smooth transition  and good outcome for us all a couple of years down the line.

For me the restoration of full democracy for the people of Britain trumps all other issues, and I am ecstatic with the outcome. God bless the working class voter. The right decision has been made, if not always for the right reasons.

Jerry

4 hours ago, Gary1000 said:
30 minutes ago, jelida said:

But the FTSE 100 is still higher than it was 2 weeks ago, and much higher than in May.  Most of that '$350 billion' has already been recovered since this morning. There is a lot of scare-mongering, people trying to justify what they said before the vote, but the decision has been made by the will of the people and we all have to come to terms with that, and hope for a smooth transition  and good outcome for us all a couple of years down the line.

For me the restoration of full democracy for the people of Britain trumps all other issues, and I am ecstatic with the outcome. God bless the working class voter. The right decision has been made, if not always for the right reasons.

Jerry

Why was it that low 2 weeks ago though ? Because leave was ahead in the opinion polls.

shame most of the leave votes were from the 45+ then.

the will of the people it effects the most has been over ruled by older people and it turns out this money going to the NHS isn't going there... so its lies that have won this for people it makes no difference to.

1 minute ago, scott said:

the will of the people it effects the most has been over ruled by older people and it turns out this money going to the NHS isn't going there... so its lies that have won this for people it makes no difference to.

You should all realise by now that those who are in power will only bullshit the people to stay there. Scaremongering and lies is what they all give you. Don't be surprised when they win and they actually give you the reality.....

I'm not, but its more how close the results are that such lies could have swayed the result of something more important then an average election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azda said:

As far as I'm aware and read, this isn't the case, both Germany and France have said they wouldn't make it an easy ride for the UK so that the rest of the EU doesn't try  and renegotiate their membership

To quote Rees-Mogg from last night, "if the EU is the type of club that, if you want to leave, they kneecap you then why would you want to be part of it? It's like the mafia."

Edited by jaggy

12 minutes ago, scott said:

So "older people" are not part of the "people" (as in "will of the people")? Perhaps they should only allow the 18-45 year olds to vote in that case.

2 hours ago, brg5658 said:

Maybe Boris will run for President one day .... or perhaps be Trump's running mate.

older people, who would be swayed by money being put into the NHS, (the lie) and only concern with the EU would be immigration?

yes they are people but those where it matters are being shafted, in 20 years time then what?

Boris and Trump.. what an exciting prospect everyone now has with these 2 blond pillocks running countries.

Edited by scott
  • Like 1

Lots of Remainers spitting their dummy out. We live in a democracy which means the MAJORITY rule. If you don't like it - try a dictatorship. (You can get a taste in the EU)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geordie582 said:
3 minutes ago, Geordie582 said:

Lots of Remainers spitting their dummy out. We live in a democracy which means the MAJORITY rule. If you don't like it - try a dictatorship. (You can get a taste in the EU)

If you don't like it - try a dictatorship. (You can get a taste in the EU)

Pot calling kettle there Geordie

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

To quote Rees-Mogg from last night, "if the EU is the type of club that, if you want to leave, they kneecap you then why would you want to be part of it? It's like the mafia."

But surely if you want out then you shouldn't expect anything, which would also mean favours etc. When you vote NO, that means you leave, if Britain is due money, then it should be paid as part of the process and not expect favourable treatment when the door closes behind you. 2 sides to the arguments, 26 countires on one side and the UK on the other, the UK has to negotiate with these people, what does the UK have to offer in terms of export? Nada

1 hour ago, scott said:

older people, who would be swayed by money being put into the NHS, (the lie) and only concern with the EU would be immigration?

yes they are people but those where it matters are being shafted, in 20 years time then what?

Boris and Trump.. what an exciting prospect everyone now has with these 2 blond pillocks running countries.

This is absolute rubbish. I've had to wait 40 years to be able to voice an opinion that mattered concerning membership of the EU. I was 17 when the last referendum took place. Anyone under 59 has had the same wait. Those older than this have seen the EU develop and many are unhappy at what they see. The relentless assumption of the right of the EU to determine the minutiae of people's lives without any democratic accountability at any point.

I voted to leave because the EU is dysfunctional and profoundly undemocratic. Any group of countries that organise a trading area with simplified rules, yet manages to surreptitiously convert itself into a social and political experiment where the aim is to merge half a billion people into a single entity ruled by an unelected person or persons HAS to be brought under control eventually. The one time they asked some of the potential electorate (the Lisbon Treaty), and I use potential because the right to vote was not a given, two countries had the temerity to vote the treaty down. With that unacceptable (to the EU commission) decision went the last time the European on the street would be consulted on what happened in the EU. As we know, once the correct answer had been given, the project moved on.

It forced through the Euro project, which is a case of putting the cart before the horse. Political union can be followed by monetary union, or an exchange rate mechanism linking various currencies, but to tie the individual countries to a fixed rated without converged economies (and controlled so they remain that way) is never going to work. The EU has become its own worst enemy given the lack of accountability.

Immigration has always and will always occur between nations. I won't be alone on this forum in having been offered positions in other countries when working abroad. It happens on a regular basis in just about every walk of life. People do care about uncontrolled immigration however, just as I would have had to pass suitability tests to prove that the job I was doing was specific to me in any country I chose to move to. That doesn't make people racist or intolerant, rather just on top of the situation. Sanctuary and the right to live here has been freely offered to many people in the past, and there is no reason to assume that mindset would change. The current problem is notr that people are migrating per se, rather that they are doing so in uncontrolled numbers and at a speed faster than they can be comfortably processed.

As someone who can reasonably expect to live at least another 10 or 20 years, to suggest that this is a load of fossils creating piles of crap for the younger generations is way out. I forecast that after a few decades, the previously young members of the EU will accumulate sufficient experience of the EU to arrive at a similar position to the old gits of today.

As for Boris and Trump running the UK and US respectively, I was not aware that either had been elected yet. Thank you for the belated info.

Edited by Rob