British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Mr T

problem posting

No wonder you're p***ed, those ads are literally about 70% of your screen :D 

But loads of people are getting them.

Not just people who post they come up even if you are not logged in.

What do you mean?

i asked a few people last week when i was getting them

Asked a mate,my mum and my lad to go to the forum from there own computer they got the adds and didnt log on just as soon as they looked at the forum.

I was with a guy yesterday who just reads it and says he gets the adds aswell now.

Clicking on your google link Matt basically what it's doing is only turning off ads they deem relevant to you, it says you'll still get the ads but just more bullshit thats still irrelevant and still taking up my screen

The thing is, going through other saved links to coin sites and other sites I don't get the same problem, so it has to be a specific predecimal problem

Edited by azda

Yeah I imagine so, could be that with the recent 404's Chris has asked them to relax the security settings in the backend, that might be letting all these ads in.

I'm sure others have sent him a message, as have I, but there's honestly nothing I can do though except suggest ways around it for now.

It's not as straight cut as one problem, everyone is experiencing it differently, some not at all, some can block them, some can't, it's 'un rollo' as we say here.

18 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

'un rollo' as we say here.

It's a pain in the freakin' a**e as we say here :ph34r: Hopefully it can beget sorted before we lose subscribers due to the issue

Tried on desktop pc at work and laptop at home. Ads are there filling the screen. Doesn't make any difference using chrome or IE, logged in or out, same thing.

If I were a newbie looking for a forum to join I would be clicking away looking elsewhere. 

Not good and needs sorting quickly as others have said.

Btw using my mobile (android) it's fine no ads at all but a pain in the a*** typing a longish post like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jon said:

Tried on desktop pc at work and laptop at home. Ads are there filling the screen. Doesn't make any difference using chrome or IE, logged in or out, same thing.

If I were a newbie looking for a forum to join I would be clicking away looking elsewhere. 

Not good and needs sorting quickly as others have said.

Btw using my mobile (android) it's fine no ads at all but a pain in the a*** typing a longish post like this.

As an update, Chris has the same issue so couldn't post, but he's on it.

• Like 1

Update 2: The ads seemed to have appeared after an upgrade to a bigger server due to bandwidth issues, Chris is in contact with the hosts and will sort it soon.

• Like 1

I first saw the silly ad things last Thursday and thought they were am malware problem on my PC. I asked the hosts, he could see no sign of them, so I went to GB for 5 days and thought nothing more of it, until I heard from Nordle the yesterday! It seems it wasn't a local thing at all. I asked the hosts again today and at first they found nothing, but after a proper look there seems to be malicious code on the server which was causing them.

£150 later and they seem to be gone from the forum. Is everyone else ad-free now?

To me they still appear on the main predecimal.com pages, but work is ongoing.

I haven't been able to replicate it either, not at home/ work on the ipad/iphone/pc or on IE/Firefox/Chrome/Edge.. @azda @jon @PWA 1967?

I have an Ad blocker.No problems in sunny Suffolk.

Not tried on home laptop yet but no ads showing on works desktop pc so something has been changed thankfully  :)

It works for me today, so thank you to whoever fixed the problem.  I got the big horrible ads from about Thursday last week, and even after installing ad-blocking software I couldn't open threads or post.

All good now though :)

Luckily, these ads don't appear to be compatible with my steam powered computer :)

They've disappeared for me thank god, it was such a pain in the rear end, but I seem to be ad free 

Forum is fine now, but the ads are still on the main site! At least they are for me. Dave and Stuntman, do you see the ads on the predecimal.com homepage?

32 minutes ago, Chris Perkins said:

Forum is fine now, but the ads are still on the main site! At least they are for me. Dave and Stuntman, do you see the ads on the predecimal.com homepage?

No ads on the forum but i can see the ads on your website Chris

They've gone on the homepage on my computer Chris, but I can't click through to the coins for sale page from the homepage, nor the forum page from the homepage.  The dropdown menus work fine.  I had a similar problem on the forum over the past week, which appears to have been solved.

Interesting. Those links seem to work for me fine. How is it now?

10 hours ago, Chris Perkins said:

Interesting. Those links seem to work for me fine. How is it now?

Links seem to be fine on your website for me from the ipad plus no ads their now either