British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Mr T

problem posting

I'm now having serious issues on The MacBook due to ads popping up in every page i click, when i scroll The pointer over "activity button" it doesn't highlight it and so can't look through The latest posts.

Yes, i cleared cookies etc but these are Are becoming a nuisance and rendering The forum very difficult and problematic due to these. I have 2 large ads down the left and right of my screen and can only see The middle......

Can we please STOP with the ads, its getting bloody annoying now :blink: I've had to post this on my ipad as i can't click The link for this specific topic on The MacBook 

3 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Was why i posted Dave and yes was a nuisance :)

It's Rendering The forum unusable for me, clearing cookies doesn't help. Trying to post a reply with a screenshot but i can't because The submit reply button won't work.........

26 minutes ago, azda said:

I'm now having serious issues on The MacBook due to ads popping up in every page i click, when i scroll The pointer over "activity button" it doesn't highlight it and so can't look through The latest posts.

Yes, i cleared cookies etc but these are Are becoming a nuisance and rendering The forum very difficult and problematic due to these. I have 2 large ads down the left and right of my screen and can only see The middle......

Can we please STOP with the ads, its getting bloody annoying now :blink: I've had to post this on my ipad as i can't click The link for this specific topic on The MacBook 

No idea what's going on, ads haven't just been switched on so it's not a case of pressing a button to stop them, if it was a forum addition it would show on all your devices, not just the macbook. @Chris Perkins, a few people have mentioned having issues with clicking the submit reply button, could be something to do with the update?

I have ads across my iPad and macbook, it's more serious on The mac because they take up 3/4 of The damn page down The left and right Hand side of The screen, now trying to submit a reply on The mac just isn't working. These ads Are a f*****g problem. I was trying to post a screenshot and can't submit, i tried a PM to You with The screenshot and can't submit.

Can You PM me an email address so i can at least Show You what's going on, god help us all when The ads are Switched on ? This update is obviously spamming us 

Edited by azda

:D

There's not a lot I can do. I just think the update needs to be done, but sometimes there are things that stop working unless you have a certain version of something installed and if not then upgrade that before doing the update blah blah, so I'd rather leave the forum updates to Chris.

Pleased to say I am having no problems whatsoever. Strange how its only affecting some and not others.

@azda have you upgraded both your mac/ipad to the newest iOS yet? iOS 10 I think it is.

The ipad says it's up to date and The mac is installing safari 10.0 as we speak

If it's doing it now then shouldn't be this. I was actually thinking that it's because of the upgrade that it's a problem, because I've not upgraded my ipad but I don't get any ads.. But I guess not. Just thinking out loud.

If you imagine the ads are still there Dave and scroll above or below or alternatively what you can see will still let you post.

With adblock i still have to work around the adds......if that makes sense :)

I still have ads on my ipad and still can't submit to this thread from the Mac. This problem never existed previously when using either of those, so IMO the problem must be down to the forum software if it's recently been upgraded. This has only just appeared on the MacBook today along with not being able to submit replies

1 hour ago, IanB said:

Pleased to say I am having no problems whatsoever. Strange how its only affecting some and not others.

Yes. Can't explain that.

All I know is that my PC on Windows 10, is 100% immune with ad block plus installed.

On my Nexus 7 (Android v6 M) tablet, I don't have any ad block installed, but have no problem whatsoever. Can't explain the natural immunity here either.

I posted an ad which appeared on my Sony Xperia M4 phone previously, and was going to ad block for android on it, but am running out of space. I will get an SD card, do it then and report back.  

3 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

If you imagine the ads are still there Dave and scroll above or below or alternatively what you can see will still let you post.

With adblock i still have to work around the adds......if that makes sense :)

The ads on the macbook are quite big, to the left and to the right of the screen. I click the X and report it, but then if I go to another thread they just pop up again, the take roughly 50% of the screen and reading content is almost impossible unless I scroll through each line after I've read it....

2 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Yes. Can't explain that.

All I know is that my PC on Windows 10, is 100% immune with ad block plus installed.

On my Nexus 7 (Android v6 M) tablet, I don't have any ad block installed, but have no problem whatsoever. Can't explain the natural immunity here either.

I posted an ad which appeared on my Sony Xperia M4 phone previously, and was going to ad block for android on it, but am running out of space. I will get an SD card, do it then and report back.  

I believe the Nexus 7 runs Chrome as default(?), if that's the case it will have it's own ad-blocker installed.

There's been no forum updates in a while, but this could also be the problem, if there are sneaky ads which have figured a way to leech into the site then the forum providers will have released a patch, it could just be that the patch hasn't been done yet.

Matt is it possible you can PM me your email address so I can send you the screenshot of what i'm getting on my mac?

3 minutes ago, azda said:

The ads on the macbook are quite big, to the left and to the right of the screen. I click the X and report it, but then if I go to another thread they just pop up again, the take roughly 50% of the screen and reading content is almost impossible unless I scroll through each line after I've read it....

If you scroll above the add or below alternatively the submit or any other button part of it outside the add is a lighter colour if you put your coursor over it.

Then it will work as normal.

Alternatively smash the computer up and start again as i nearly did :D

18 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

I believe the Nexus 7 runs Chrome as default(?), if that's the case it will have it's own ad-blocker installed.

There's been no forum updates in a while, but this could also be the problem, if there are sneaky ads which have figured a way to leech into the site then the forum providers will have released a patch, it could just be that the patch hasn't been done yet.

The phone does as well, Matt, but I'm getting ads on there. Somewhat inexplicable at this moment in time. 

Yes I tried the scrolling scenario, I can read 1 line then scroll to the next, but I'd prefer to read the whole post without doing it read scroll read, also submit reply doesn't work on the Mac 

14 minutes ago, azda said:

Matt is it possible you can PM me your email address so I can send you the screenshot of what i'm getting on my mac?

Yeah for sure

4 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

The phone does as well, Matt, but I'm getting ads on there. Somewhat inexplicable at this moment in time. 

Very strange, the problem with things like this is that it also stops people from reporting that they're having problems because they can't post. Chris has mail so hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

10 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Yeah for sure

Very strange, the problem with things like this is that it also stops people from reporting that they're having problems because they can't post. Chris has mail so hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

It is very strange, although certain devices seem more vulnerable than others.

As you say, let's hope Chris can get to the bottom of it.    

15 minutes ago, azda said:

Yes I tried the scrolling scenario, I can read 1 line then scroll to the next, but I'd prefer to read the whole post without doing it read scroll read, also submit reply doesn't work on the Mac 

It will if you go to the left/right of the submit or any other button.

Good luck :)

I've emailed you 3 screenshots Matt