British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Mr T

problem posting

I attempted to post in the thread I started about the forum being unusable of an evening (it happened again) but I got an unformatted page with the following text:

403 ERROR %s ERROR
pixel_trans.gif

Sorry but the page you have requested has encountered the following error: 

Forbidden

Please feel free to browse the rest of my website
You may also use the "Search" feature to find the product you are looking for
I apologise for the inconvenience.

There was also a side-bar showing the sections of the main site (the shop).

test

Since yesterday each time i go on the forum daft adverts come up on the page that are doing my head in.

Thought it was maybe just my computer but tried at a mates house yesterday and was the same.

They are either side of the page and pissing me off :D

Any help to get rid of them please ?.

Need a screenshot Pete, shouldn't be ads down the sides. 

Here's the adds I get. Do we need more than 1?

IMG_2327.PNG

The only ads on the forum are the catawiki, amazon and the Petitioncrowncoins ad. Everything else is more than likely just cookies following you around. Try clearing your cookies then they should disappear.

Also they're pretty nicely tucked away so aren't very obtrusive, at least not on my screen.

Its adds through google chrome and an update that are now gone :)

Edited by PWA 1967

I use ad blocker on my PC, so don't get any ads on there.  On my tablet I get the ads you mention above, Matt. But on my phone I get an ad for "Confused.com", which gets in the way of my keyboard when I try and post a reply, which is a nuisance.

here is a screenshot

screenshot of pre dec ad on phone.png

Edited by 1949threepence

3 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

yes mike thats what i had to use adblock or whatever its called :)

Pete, the screenshot I just posted shows the ad I get on my phone. Whilst I've got no issue with ads in and of themselves, it's when they start to interfere with posting or reading, that they become a bloody nuisance. 

Yes was doing my head in and was only happening on here but a couple of directions from my lad and was sorted :)

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

Yes was doing my head in and was only happening on here but a couple of directions from my lad and was sorted :)

Absolutely. I think I will download an ad blocker app on my phone.  

You probably have a good idea about computers etc.

I dont have a clue but my when it was downloaded there was a payment button........my lad said come out now as will still work but some people will continue and pay for it .

Your probably  aware of that but thought i would post anyway.

2 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

You probably have a good idea about computers etc.

I dont have a clue but my when it was downloaded there was a payment button........my lad said come out now as will still work but some people will continue and pay for it .

Your probably  aware of that but thought i would post anyway.

The payment button was probably for a more advanced version. The basic program is usually free. To be honest, that's all you generally need. It just blocks the ads. 

To be honest, it's a shame, as many forum sites rely on ads to remain subscription free. But the advertisers abuse the software by loading really intrusive ads, which obscure half the page, or start playing a video, unprompted. Or even load another page when you click on the cross which should close them. It's a totally counter productive routine, as all it does is piss off the forum members/readers. 

AdBlock doesn't work any longer for me on this site as all of the links to the individual forums, posts, etc. are blocked. This isn't an issue as I'd just enable ads (as it supports Chris and the forum) but when I do I can no longer see the forum. Clearing cookies doesn't help and the only site it affects is PreDecimal.

@Chris Perkins - has something changed with the side banners in Invision's template formatting?

141s4rr.png

3 hours ago, HistoricCoinage said:

AdBlock doesn't work any longer for me on this site as all of the links to the individual forums, posts, etc. are blocked. This isn't an issue as I'd just enable ads (as it supports Chris and the forum) but when I do I can no longer see the forum. Clearing cookies doesn't help and the only site it affects is PreDecimal.

@Chris Perkins - has something changed with the side banners in Invision's template formatting?

141s4rr.png

This is exactly what I was referring to. Ads interfering with reading and/or posting. Surprised at block not working for you.