British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Vitamin

Sovereigns for sale

Hi, I have a small collection of sovereigns I need to sell (My need for spending money is now greater than my desire for collectable money) When is the best time to sell, do you think? Is it too near Christmas now to get a proper market price on ebay?

You may not need to pay the charges from ebay if you find a buyer here. Why don't you list what you have and the prices you want for each coin and we can take it from there?

Guest Guest

These are the sov.s I have to sell:

1821 British

1838 British

1862 British

1917 British

1883 Melbourne

1884 Melbourne

1885 Melbourne

1895 Melbourne

1896 Melbourne

1902 Melbourne

1923 Perth

1911 Ottawa

1914 Ottawa

1919 Ottawa

Mostly VF, EF, one or two better even.

The reason I was talking Ebay was because I haven't sold before and I just wanted the market price - whatever that is. So offers will be considered.

The first step is done. Now you can wait for a few days in case anyone is interested and makes an offer, if no one does, you could consider talking to a coin dealer, if he makes you a good offer, all well and good, otherwise, the ebay route is good, but you have to make sure the reserve price is high enough for you not to loose out.

You'd be taking a chance bringing these to a dealer you do not know. So, if you're looking for a fair offer for all of your coins, you might want to consider contacting the fellow who maintains this website, Chris Perkins.