British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mrbadexample

Cartwheel 1d & 2d

Hi all, 

Bit out of my chosen area of post 1860, but I really like the cartwheel coins. I've got one of each but in pretty low grade so I'm looking to upgrade. Not looking for slab quality, just a nice example devoid of the usual edge knocks if possible.

Can any of you help me out?

Cheers, 

MBE

Difficult to find without the edge knocks but they are around to be had. eBay is always good start but there are a couple of dealers that'll have some for sale. Will cost you a bit though, just for the sake of having an example without edge knocks ;) 

Rob's got a 2d @ £195 - www.rpcoins.co.uk 

Jeez, did you read his description? "...a nice example, devoid of the usual rim knocks."

That's damn near word for word what I asked for. :o

I can't stretch the budget that far unfortunately, so I've resorted to ebay for the 2d. I'm too damned impatient to wait once I decide I want something, so just the 1d required now. I expect Pete'll be along shortly to offer me one of his spare mint-with-full-lustre for about £30 post included. :D

I have a few of both .

PM me what you want to pay and see what i can do that is ok for the money you want to spend.

Dont be daft with your expectations for the money and maybe i can help :D

PM sent cheers Pete.

Thanks Pete for sorting me out a cracking 2d. Well pleased, as always from you. :D

Photos are carp because it's slabbed though.

DSCF7561.JPG

10 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Thanks Pete for sorting me out a cracking 2d. Well pleased, as always from you. :D

Photos are carp because it's slabbed though.

DSCF7561.JPG

Yes, it is like looking through a goldfish bowl. ;)

................. sorry, I'll get my coat

Edited by Rob

:lol:

Is it a CGS coin @mrbadexample? If so, if you tell me the UIN I will dig out the pre-slabbed pics if you want?

Or indeed, I could do that myself. :D

1797 2d (2).jpg

1797 2d.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Thanks Jon was a decent VF coin for the money :)

Your was is my is. :D

Sign in to follow this