British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris roxaboo

Hi guys please look at this

What do you think of the 1934 crown? Having come across a fare few fakes I'm checking to see what you guys think as I want a genuine one. Thank you in advance.

Screenshot_2016-02-14-10-16-10.png

Edited by Chris roxaboo

Looks like a copy to me. The detail isn't sharp enough. The grade is also not very good, which considering they didn't circulate in the real world at the time, or at least only a very few did should raise eyebrows. Does it have a milled edge? Doesn't show if it has, A proper one will cost you money, but it will also have resell value. A copy might cost hundreds instead of thousands, but a dealer will give you a couple quid for it, and that only to obtain an example to compare.

Buy a decent one from a reputable dealer, not ebay or Alibaba

• Like 2

Doesn't look right to me. 

And  I know 34s are rare and so have desirability... but you could get a nice '27 for 1/10th the price ...

Depends who wants 2700 for it. It is too much and doesn't look right to me. Have a look on Alibaba for 1934 crowns.

I don't like the darkness under writing - What?

This one is known. Irregular denticles just below the thistle:

schneid_zps2uy07bg5.png

It was reported on another forum. I'm trying to find the original thread.