British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
IanB

1920 Penny 3+B

Does anyone know of any pictures of a 1920 Penny 3+B? The Rotographic book states it is extremely rare. 

So far I can only find pictures of the 2+B

I might get lucky one day and spot one. Out of interest what would be the prices on one of these?

1 hour ago, IanB said:

Does anyone know of any pictures of a 1920 Penny 3+B? The Rotographic book states it is extremely rare. 

So far I can only find pictures of the 2+B

I might get lucky one day and spot one. Out of interest what would be the prices on one of these?

Apparently there's only one, and it's in the British Museum - all is revealed on this thread from 2014 

You can write a quick post thanking me later, Ian, as I've had to spend a fair bit of time searching for you ;):ph34r:  

• Like 1

I don't think the chances are very high Ian, as far as I know the only known one is sitting in the British museum. There is a picture lurking somewhere I'm sure I've seen it, if I find it I'll post back here for you.

Pipped to the post :D good link Mike

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Pipped to the post :D good link Mike

I must admit, Matt, I hadn't realised they were quite that rare. Took a look at some of the major collections and at some LCA auctions before discovering the thread linked to above :)

• Like 1

Thank you 1949, your time and effort is appreciated. It sounds like my chances are slim to non - existent of finding this one.

However you never know one day I may get lucky, probably the same day I find a 1933 in the same envelope or on eBay as a two for one deal.

I am going to keep looking but in the meantime the next time I am near the British Museum I will pop in and hopefully see it for real.