British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mrbadexample

Date run of pennies, about 1903-1927

Hi all,

My collection of pennies it a bit, err, awful, to be honest. Lots of them haven't been upgraded since I started my collection digging through the dealer's (s)crap boxes 30 or more years ago. Fine or less, most of them. :(

I'm sure there must be plenty of you who have top grade specimens, so I might well be interested in your spares. I'd be looking for at least GVF-EF but not really much higher if I'm honest. I don't want to shell out for FDC when I'd be quite happy with EF to fill the hole.

So, as a start I'm looking for 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 12H, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18H, 18KN, 19H, 19KN, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27.

I know most of you think condition is of paramount importance, but I'd rather have a half decent set of 30 than 6 top notch coins. Each to their own, I guess. I simply can't be arsed to trawl through ebay for the VERY RARE UNC dogs I see so many of, so thought it might be sensible to ask here.

I also realise I've not been on the forum long and trust takes time to build, but will appreciate any help I can get.

So, what have you got nice eh?

Cheers,

MBE

PM sent RE the 1912h, if you are also interested I have a 1918KN for sale too. You are welcome to make an offer, the BIN is a little high but put down what you'd be happy to pay, you might be surprised.

I could let you have a 1927 UNC with some residual lustre - it's got a carbon spot on the obverse, but apart from that it's perfect.  

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I could let you have a 1927 UNC with some residual lustre - it's got a carbon spot on the obverse, but apart from that it's perfect.  

That's kind, thank you. I could let you give it to me. :) 

Seriously though, the price would have to be pretty keen as UNC is probably a bit better than I'd be looking for in that date. :unsure:

Err...a quick question on etiquette if I may...should one's haggling be done off the general forum? :)

Just send a personal message to them.

I have most you may be looking for but high grades ,dont want to sell you ones and haggle though :D

14 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

So, as a start I'm looking for 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 12H, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18H, 18KN, 19H, 19KN, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27.

I don't seem to be able to edit my original post (is there a time limit on that or something?) so updated requirements above.

8 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Just send a personal message to them.

I have most you may be looking for but high grades ,dont want to sell you ones and haggle though :D

Could you let me know what you have available and what you would want for them please? Then I could take a look and have a think about it? I don't mind not haggling if your prices are firm. Although I might still try. :P

Oh, and the Spink guide I have is 2005 and I'm still using it. Nothing's changed, right? :D

30 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

That's kind, thank you. I could let you give it to me. :) 

Seriously though, the price would have to be pretty keen as UNC is probably a bit better than I'd be looking for in that date. :unsure:

I've sent you a PM.

20 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

I don't seem to be able to edit my original post (is there a time limit on that or something?) so updated requirements above.

10 minutes editing time for newer members, it increases once you become part of the 'Numismatic Research Group'.

Just now, Nordle11 said:

10 minutes editing time for newer members, it increases once you become part of the 'Numismatic Research Group'.

That sounds like I have to do homework. :(

Haha, yep you need to submit at least one white paper on a coin subject of your choice :P

Its just an automatic group name for anyone with 200 posts or over, your edit time increases with it.

23 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Haha, yep you need to submit at least one white paper on a coin subject of your choice :P

My white paper will be coin rubbings. In blue crayon. :D

List now reads:

03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18H, 19H, 19KN, 20, 22, 26.

Thanks to everyone who's helped so far. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2016 at 3:11 PM, mrbadexample said:

My white paper will be coin rubbings. In blue crayon. :D

List now reads:

03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18H, 19H, 19KN, 20, 22, 26.

Thanks to everyone who's helped so far. 

Now 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 18H, 19H, 19KN, 20, 22, 26.

What's your 1911 like, get some pics up! ;) 

I will once Pete's got his hide round to the Post Office. :D

If it's one of Pete's I'm sure it'll be a nice one, slabbed or raw?

Raw. Slabbed coins won't fit in my trays. :P

Same, it's a pain in the arse! Best solution I find is a tea towel and a twist :D

22 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

I will once Pete's got his hide round to the Post Office. :D

:D

Sign in to follow this