British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nordle11

1912h penny

Thanks to Pete I've just upgraded mine, my previous one was from Declan Magee @ £90, which he got from Lockdales - Auction 109 - Lot 1747 - for just under £74 with the juice.

If anyone wants it, I'd be happy with what I paid (£90) and I'll cover the postage from Spain. Picture attached:

1912h.thumb.png.dbf6b453844190d3b2c22151

Also if it is of any added interest to anyone, the PENNY has strike doubling, but you can only see this under magnification:

1.thumb.png.b632f4c488cd4dc8c079b4a0f091

Well, as it happens, me please!

Done and dusted, many thanks ;) 

Just out of interest, can you tell me what causes the strike doubling?

Strike doubling/mechanical doubling is where the doubling happens during the striking process, like when the coin shifts slightly during a strike or the vibrations cause the die to jolt out of position.

It's different to doubled die strikes/hub doubling which is where the doubling has occurred during the die making process, in case you're wondering.

Cheers. I might have been wondering if I knew that was a thing. :)

It's very much an American phenomenon, error collecting, but that just means that UK errors are all that much cheaper, so I'm not complaining too much :) 

Sign in to follow this