British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mrbadexample

Sorting my stuff, and an introduction

3 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Enjoy yourself and have a good time.

If i had to decide on the midland coin fair or Rome.........Well:)

Ah, the coin fair's only up t'road. I can go almost anytime. ;)

2 hours ago, Colin G. said:

I am hoping to be at the March fair as well

Would be good to put a face to the name. Bring your spare small date 1875 farthings. :P

Don't forget the Midland opens its doors at 9:30 am now. Damn it....a good excuse to get a faster car though. I do note the admission price is creeping up.Better lighting and a refreshment area at the side of the room would be nice.

7 hours ago, Peter said:

I do note the admission price is creeping up.

I have only been going since July last year and its been £2 each time. Out of curiosity what did it used to be then? I go even when I have no funds as its good to see some familiar faces and to see so many coins.

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

I have only been going since July last year and its been £2 each time. Out of curiosity what did it used to be then? I go even when I have no funds as its good to see some familiar faces and to see so many coins.

At the NEC £1 to £1.50

Previously at the Meridian Hotel it could well of been free. At the end of the day the £2 isn't much.I would happily pay more with better amenities and visible security in the room and carpark. I would welcome any opinion from regular sellers who may bring 000's of £'s stock.I avoid the London fairs. The Wetherby fair (Cedar Court)at least has Hotel security. Maybe I'm faffing about nothing but it only needs to happen once.

A table selling lotions for Coin Collectors stoop would also be welcome ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

At the NEC £1 to £1.50

Previously at the Meridian Hotel it could well of been free. At the end of the day the £2 isn't much.I would happily pay more with better amenities and visible security in the room and carpark. I would welcome any opinion from regular sellers who may bring 000's of £'s stock.I avoid the London fairs. The Wetherby fair (Cedar Court)at least has Hotel security. Maybe I'm faffing about nothing but it only needs to happen once.

A table selling lotions for Coin Collectors stoop would also be welcome ;)

I remember reading a couple of years back when Ian Murrey got a briefcase stolen out of his car with quite a bit of stock in it. That was a smash and grab type job.

Security would be better at these things, or at least more visible security.

I haven't been to a coin fair in years so my stoop needs a little work. Shouldn't take long though. :)

Did someone mention there's a fair in York? My sister's got a B&B there so I've somewhere to crash...

35 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

I haven't been to a coin fair in years so my stoop needs a little work. Shouldn't take long though. :)

Did someone mention there's a fair in York? My sister's got a B&B there so I've somewhere to crash...

15th & 16th July.

Mates rates for the forum members ? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

Mates rates for the forum members ? :rolleyes:

Just this one I think. Although if you say you know me, she'll add a bit on for you. ;)

York is the only fair I get to, how does it compare to the Midlands?

Can't answer that Nuts, haven't been to either. I'll be at the Midlands one in March, but can't make York. It would interrupt me watching the Tour de France. :(

So, not long now until the Midland fair. I'm looking forward to it. Who else is coming then? :)

I usually go each month but I am 50/50 this time around due to a severe lack of funds :(

I am hoping to be there...but it will depend on how things go at LCA this weekend

I am also expecting to be there ,but got the boxing in Liverpool the night before and the wife in Spain.

So anything could happen :o

I'll be there, but again funds dependent on LCA...

Jerry

5 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I am also expecting to be there ,but got the boxing in Liverpool the night before and the wife in Spain.

So anything could happen :o

Who ya fighting? :D

• Like 1

Did I see somewhere that forum members get a discount from the Predecimal shop, or have I made that up in my own head by wishful thinking? I need a PVC-free album for a load of foreign stuff once I've cleaned the green off from my old PVC album. :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Did I see somewhere that forum members get a discount from the Predecimal shop, or have I made that up in my own head by wishful thinking? I need a PVC-free album for a load of foreign stuff once I've cleaned the green off from my old PVC album. :rolleyes:

I so hope that these days all coin albums are PVC-free! I'm sure anything from Chris will certainly be! :)

And I would throw the old album away!

Edited by Paulus

Just now, Paulus said:

I so hope that these days all coin albums are PVC-free! I'm sure anything from Chris will certainly be! :)

Yes, it says it is. :) It's a good job I never kept any of the good stuff in the old album, that's for sure. 

1861 NS cent pre-clean (2).JPG

That's 30 years or so in PVC for ya!

Just now, mrbadexample said:

That's 30 years or so in PVC for ya!

Such a shame, what were people thinking!

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Such a shame, what were people thinking!

That it was inert? :lol: Still, it gave me the opportunity to test the cleaning power of acetone:

1861 NS cent post-clean (2).JPG

• Like 2

Hmmm, I might be a bit late getting to the show. I live less than 20 miles away. However, through somewhat poor planning, I will be departing from the Manchester area after visiting a mate the day before. I didn't think that through properly. :(