British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

british/jamaican mule

I wondered where this coin went! It was being offered for sale by an Australian dealer for quite some time at something like AUS$16000 (off the top of my head). I went on their website the other day and thought I would see if this coin had moved and when it wasn't there I assumed it had sold. I agree Mr T, a very interesting coin, imagine what it would be worth if it were an American mule!!

1 hour ago, loose54 said:

I wondered where this coin went! It was being offered for sale by an Australian dealer for quite some time at something like AUS$16000 (off the top of my head). I went on their website the other day and thought I would see if this coin had moved and when it wasn't there I assumed it had sold. I agree Mr T, a very interesting coin, imagine what it would be worth if it were an American mule!!

About 50c a lbs

Interesting mule, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in the US.

NOT! He has got to be kidding. An interesting combo, but errors just don't bring that even in the US of A. I can see that as a max 2k quid coin that I would go maybe to 500 on.

5 hours ago, VickySilver said:

NOT! He has got to be kidding. An interesting combo, but errors just don't bring that even in the US of A. I can see that as a max 2k quid coin that I would go maybe to 500 on.

Agreed.

23 hours ago, loose54 said:

Strand Coins by any chance? I believe that's who's selling it via this site.

Yes, that's it Strand Coins! I agree that the price tag is ridiculous but it is very interesting nonetheless! I have seen very nice examples of brockage pennies fetch in the high hundreds of pounds and I would assume that this would be more desirable then a standard brockage so as Vicky estimated, I could see it get upto or around the 2k mark.