British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Liam

New

Hi, I'm fairly new to collecting and found this forum so thought I'd say hi. Was hoping to post photos of my most recent additions however I'm on an iPad so unsure how to post them on here. Any help guys and sorry if this is explained somewhere else! Cheers!

Edited by Liam
No images

Hi Liam,

If you reply back to your own message you will see a text box and in the bottom right hand corner a tab with "insert other media" click this and you should be able to download from your desktop or wherever else you store your photos. There is a 500kb limit so you may have to resize to make it fit. Otherwise create a Flickr account and post the URL in your message.

Hope that all makes sense.

Also welcome to the forum.

Ian

Hi Liam,

Welcome to the forum!

Look forward to seeing your pictures, what do you collect??

Cheers for the replies! I'm into anything really, I'm hoping to add plenty of crowns in time. I think I've worked out the pictures, so below is my 1902 crown which I've recently bought, along with my 1893 crown, and many other pieces for £40. Anyone with any experience of grading?

imageimageimageimage

Hi Liam, welcome to the forums. There are plenty of people here to help with grading but I would suggest, as a start, that you buy the book written by the person who provides these forums for us. It really will help you get your head around grading.

Yup that should read published by.... but the editing facilty on this forum is awful ;)

Edited by Nonmortuus

8 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

Yup that should read published by.... but the editing facilty on this forum is awful ;)

Once you hit 200 posts Nons, your editing time dramatically increases ;) 

• Like 1

The 1902 has been cleaned/polished

30 minutes ago, azda said:

The 1902 has been cleaned/polished

Sadly, yes, I would agree

59 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Once you hit 200 posts Nons, your editing time dramatically increases ;) 

1 down 29 more to go!

• Like 1

I may have to give the book a purchase, cheers! Azda, I did think it looked as though it had been polished unfortunately, but I thought £40 for those two crowns alone was worth it. Most of the other stuff I managed to get with these are in poor condition, below are some of the better ones. There was also an 1822 Hibernian penny (I think) with R.F stamped on it, does anybody know what this means?

1853 halfpenny:

24415906531_286e9e0c5f_b.jpg

24498289725_6e41d673e9_b.jpg

1855 penny:

24202741210_e135d97913_b.jpg24498280915_e68cd86f43_b.jpg

1841 penny:

24415900461_2c612b0834_b.jpg23871441363_0947a7e92c_b.jpg

Hibernian penny:

24415875821_85ccc83910_b.jpg

cheers!

Liam

Hello Liam, that 1853 half penny looks nice:)

19 hours ago, pies said:

Hello Liam, that 1853 half penny looks nice:)

It does, but again sadly has been cleaned

3 hours ago, azda said:

It does, but again sadly has been cleaned

Really, will it retone well as i cant see any hairlines

As a bit of advice to a novice, could you give some indication as to how you can tell it has been cleaned?

16 hours ago, IanB said:

As a bit of advice to a novice, could you give some indication as to how you can tell it has been cleaned?

The colour of it, it's far too bright, especially noticable on the OBV of the coin, 

Edited by azda

Thanks Azda,

I can see what you mean on the 1841 penny, very bright and looks polished but the original quote was for the 1853 penny. Is that bright as well?