British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

CataWiki New Sponsor

I have a new forum 'partner' so you'll now see catawiki adverts on the forum pages.

Catawiki are a Dutch online auction company that have recently set up a UK site. It's better than eBay in the respect that the listings are moderated by experts in each category field. They don't yet have the quality of items that eBay do, but what they do have should be of better quality, at least when they are established with a good number of UK based users. The auctions end weekly (currently 25,000) and they have many other categories from classic cars to jewellery and all manner of collectables.

Please consider joining as a buyer or seller. A link is directly under this post (not sure if it's properly visible on phones/tablets yet, perhaps you could let me know). 

• Like 1

Not so great on the iphone..

IMG_1166.PNG

I'll have a word with them about that and see if they have a banner that auto re-sizes for smaller screens.

Seems ok on The aye pad although have The same as our new admin on the aye phone

Edited by azda

Chris, the CataWiki link appears as below on my PC (using Google Chrome):

catawiki-link.png

Yes, I've been having android and iPhone issues, as per above, since the adverts went in a couple of days ago, not just since catawiki.

Hmmm, looks like something is blocking it (and others) from displaying properly.

Didn't realise they'd moved into auctions - last time I looked it was a catalogue/wiki as the name suggests but I guess it's only natural they've branched out.

The link to Catawiki on this site, and the Catawiki site itself, both display perfectly on my Android powered 2013 Nexus 7 tablet, now operating on Android v6 - Marshmallow.

Edited by 1949threepence

....but issues on my Sony Xperia M4 phone. Can't see the link on there at all....  

I don't even get that.  Android Lollipop.  To get to the actual forum I have to scroll down a couple of pages... lots of white space.

Screenshot_2016-01-21-22-28-40.jpg

Edited by TomGoodheart

What's the problem? What do you expect from a 3" x 2" screen apart from bad eyesight?

• Like 1

Have there been any breakthroughs on this yet Chris?

I mention it just in case you were under the impression that it was resolved? :wacko::)

Let see how well catawiki works.. The following coin is listed here

http://simonwilliscoins.com/products/coin-details.aspx?id=S2556

and also on catawiki here

http://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/4184733-great-britain-england-groat-1560-1561-elizabeth-i-silver

We don't miss a trick on this forum Mr Willis ?

I see he also has a halfgroat listed on both sites, is there a reserve setting on catawiki? Anyone tried it?

Edited by azda

I tried it but find it really difficult to search or make a search through the categories. There seem to be hundreds of links on the left, sorted by days? I imagine once you work out how to use it, it makes sense, but I still find it a little difficult.

There is a reserve setting, it says 'Reserve not met' on that coin you posted (just under the time remaining on the right)

On 1/21/2016 at 10:09 PM, 1949threepence said:

....but issues on my Sony Xperia M4 phone. Can't see the link on there at all....  

I can now - displaying fine.