British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Most valuable coin you own.....

hope you do :) ...i am still in grief at loosing the bid for that 1902 LT BU penny :( ...

I hope you get one as well HPJ. Are you really still in mourning from loosing that bid. _7.gif

Happy Birthday for tommorow by the way John :D

Edited by william

hope you do :) ...i am still in grief at loosing the bid for that 1902 LT BU penny :( ...

I hope you get one as well HPJ. Are you really still in mourning from loosing that bid. _7.gif

Happy Birthday for tommorow by the way John :D

I think I have just about got over that terrible loss. However, there will be other opportunities to acquire that rare coin. Thanks quys for the Happy b'day. :D

I think I have just about got over that terrible loss. However, there will be other opportunities to acquire that rare coin.

It was Master JMD's "loss" wasn't it - or am I missing something here? Anyhoo ¡feliz cumpleaños!

Are you really still in mourning from loosing that bid. _7.gif

such a loss, i have been weeping for weeks :lol: ..oh well...

I think I have just about got over that terrible loss. However, there will be other opportunities to acquire that rare coin.

It was Master JMD's "loss" wasn't it - or am I missing something here? Anyhoo ¡feliz cumpleaños!

True, Master JMD did have a loss, however, I lost when I was outbid on an UNC 1902LT half penny.

for my b'day i will probably get the 1806 no incuse curls £325.00 BU penny off of colin cooke :) , just hope no one elce gets it :o

I have seen that, it is a lovely coin. :D

for my b'day i will probably get the 1806 no incuse curls £325.00 BU penny off of colin cooke

Is that all you're getting? Don't you want other things except one coin?

Is that all you're getting? Don't you want other things except one coin?

yes, but it is exeptional, i fell in love with it the day i saw it...

Is that all you're getting?  Don't you want other things except one coin?

yes, but it is exeptional, i fell in love with it the day i saw it...

Also, it will be a very desirable coin to own for any collector. :rolleyes:

Also, it will be a very desirable coin to own for any collector. :rolleyes:

exactly, it would really boost my collection...

It would be a very expensive boost, you would have to buy more high grade coins to make that coin 'fit it' with the collection.

It would be a very expensive boost, you would have to buy more high grade coins to make that coin 'fit it' with the collection.

thats a risk worth taking...

It's no risk at all, JMD, you simply won't have the money to maintain such a collection.

It's no risk at all, JMD, you simply won't have the money to maintain such a collection.

yea, well...i can afford the little things...b'day's and christmas' are an exeption...

Exactly, buying this one beautiful coin would look out of place in a collection with lesser specimens. The price of the higher grade, older coins prohibits most people from purchasing them.

Exactly, buying this one beautiful coin would look out of place in a collection with lesser specimens. The price of the higher grade, older coins prohibits most people from purchasing them.

yes, but if it sells (not to me), then i will have great difficulty trying to find a nicer specimin...

You are not grasping the point - To buy this coin would mean you would have to buy equally good coins at equal expense to make yours an even collection. Put simply - if you buy this, you would have to buy the top notch stuff.

You are not grasping the point - To buy this coin would mean you would have to buy equally good coins at equal expense to make yours an even collection. Put simply - if you buy this, you would have to buy the top notch stuff.

yes, but put it this way - colin cooke collects farthings, but he has a 1952 half crown...i am currently collecting pennies from 1900 - 1967, i want a 1806 penny to go with my later in life advancements...

Colin Cooke collects the best farthings which can be more or on a par with your pennies. He collects the best examples and he can afford to as he is a very successful dealer. You are a schoolboy who would rely on huge sums and birthdays and christmas' to buy them.

i want a 1806 penny to go with my later in life advancements...

This is the point I am trying to make. Only in later life will you be able to afford the coins at the same grade as this one so it is pointless buying it.

You should only buy coins which will able you to sustain a collection, if you buy expensive coins then you will only get one or two coins a year.

You are not grasping the point -

I believe you have totally missed the point. Collecting coins is based on a passion for coins, not any defined guidelines. If you cannot enjoy your coins, then you might as well not collect. Jmd wants the coin because it appeals to him, which is the foundation of collecting.

To buy this coin would mean you would have to buy equally good coins at equal expense to make yours an even collection

Ummm, what book do you have that explains what an "even collection" is?? To begin with, equally good does not necessarily mean equally expensive.

It is up to him at the end of the day but I would buy coins which fit in with my present collection. Don't sprint before you can run.

He can barely crawl financially!

It is up to him at the end of the day

exactly...

but I would buy coins which fit in with my present collection.

i do that, but i want this one because i think it is wonderful

Only in later life will you be able to afford the coins at the same grade as this one so it is pointless buying it.

later in life, i may not be able to find a better/same specimin...

He can barely crawl financially!

it will be a present for my b'day...

I believe you have totally missed the point. Collecting coins is based on a passion for coins, not any defined guidelines. If you cannot enjoy your coins, then you might as well not collect. Jmd wants the coin because it appeals to him, which is the foundation of collecting.

yes, well said, that was the point that i was trying to get accross...