British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Most valuable coin you own.....

Guest King Dong
Good idea.

Probably one of the ancient Greek coins I have which if I can confirm it's authenticity should be worth about GBP15,000! It looks very real, and my friend at www.coinsforsale.co.uk who has been an ancient coin dealer for 40 years also says it looks very real.

Ill give you a 100 quid for it in cold hard cash!

Well that's the only off so far! But I think perhaps I'll hold onto it for the time being.

Chris

Mine is a 1932 florin,in VF condition the coin that i have is 12 years old and they say its worth $850 Aus dollars. Raoul

post-19-1079249202_thumb.jpg

Pretty! ^^^

Mine is a 1932 florin,in VF condition the coin that i have is 12 years old and they say its worth $850 Aus dollars. Raoul

Does anyone know how much that is in pounds?

Does anyone know how much that is in pounds?

At current exchange rates (1 AUD = 0.405588 GBP), it's worth £344.75 (GBP)

Thanks, Oli (my maths is terrible!! ;) )

Thanks, Oli (my maths is terrible!!  )

Wait until you do Irrational and Imaginary numbers, Surds and Quadratic Equations at school (that said, quads are quite easy once you get the hang of them, so are all of those but its like hitting a brick wall at first)

Wait until you do Irrational and Imaginary numbers, Surds and Quadratic Equations at school (that said, quads are quite easy once you get the hang of them, so are all of those but its like hitting a brick wall at first)

Wow i don't think i ever did anything like that! I remember doing simulaneous equations, and algebra which i quite liked to be honest, although i hated maths as a rule. Mental arithmatic was by far the worst, i can't do sums in my head without writing them down.

And i hated trigonometry. I was very happy that i ended up on intermediate rather than higher, and as such i was very lucky to miss geometry too! phew...

I also hated physics.

Ouch; i'm not even at high school yet!! :o (I'm meant to be getting the results to the 11+ this month, but so far, nothing! :( )

Ouch; i'm not even at high school yet!!  (I'm meant to be getting the results to the 11+ this month, but so far, nothing!  )

Grammar schools are the best, better than comps. I go to Clitheroe Royal Grammar School (Est. 1554)

I go to St. Bridgets CE Primary School, and am hoping to get into Caldy Grange Grammar School. (if not, Hilbre High School)

Eww....comprehensives

And what's wrong with that?! :angry:

And what's wrong with that?!

Well the comprehensives near my area aren't ones to scream about - full of....undesirables.

True!

Sort it out Olli, I know it's your birthday today, but get your head out from up your arse!

It doesn't matter if you are fortunate enough to have got into a grammar school (established 1554) or if you go to a 'normal' comp. As long as the individuals get the opportunity to reach their potential.

At most schools, with decent enough teachers that are able to spot potentials, and assuming the pupils want to reach it, then that is achievable.

I went to a normal 'Comprehensive' (established 1936) as I failed my 11+. Nevermind, I'm doing alright, and am happing doing it. And guess who's finger is on the 'ban' button today!! Oh the power.

I'm not casting aspersions on the calibre of teaching at comprehensives, I'm simply saying that im my area the majority of comprehensive students are revolting.

In all areas, the students are indeed revolting! Regardless of the year their school was established.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

I wasn't using the year my school was established as an insult to the newer comps I was simply adding more information.

Really!..... ;)

Wirklich

This post is just intended to get on Oli's nerves <_<.....

The primary school i go to was established in 1825 :P

That's a very long time for a primary school, any of the original teachers still teach there? ;)

I won't tell you the year my primary was established ;)