British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Pennies, pennies & Even more pennies

No, its nothing to Do with pennies but i'm assuming that Most of the Penny boys will click on this thread hoping that it has something to Do with the bronze lurgy that is appearing on the Forum.

So now that you've here You might As well Click on the informative link about 6 PENNIES, or the sixpence ?

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/awards/WinningSetDetail.aspx?AwardSetID=64480

Such love :)

Ha ha, funny. Looked through there - nice 1862 but the key 1848 & 54 really not up to snuff. Sorta feel like doing a "beat down" as this is the heart of "my territory" but will stay out of the fray....

1 hour ago, VickySilver said:

Ha ha, funny. Looked through there - nice 1862 but the key 1848 & 54 really not up to snuff. Sorta feel like doing a "beat down" as this is the heart of "my territory" but will stay out of the fray....

1848 & 1854 are, as you know, a couple of key dates that are missing from my own collection. I am also missing 1863 but that is my own fault as I was too cheap when they came up at auction. Other than that, the 'completionist' in me is interested in the many of the varieties listed in Davies but which are not really referenced in the article.

Most of his sixpences are quite nice and coins which I would have no trouble in owning. He does seem to have a bit of a fetish for slabbed coins or at least that is the impression I get from his article. 

2 hours ago, azda said:

No, its nothing to Do with pennies but i'm assuming that Most of the Penny boys will click on this thread hoping that it has something to Do with the bronze lurgy that is appearing on the Forum.

So now that you've here You might As well Click on the informative link about 6 PENNIES, or the sixpence ?

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/awards/WinningSetDetail.aspx?AwardSetID=64480

You nearly lost me on this one as I almost didn't click. Glad I did, however.