British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

secret santa

No signature function ?

14 minutes ago, azda said:

Another techie question regarding the new forum software. Previously we could upload 500kb pictures per post but that now seems to have changed to 500kb per thread, so if I've uploaded a picture into a thread at max 500kb i couldn't add another picture again into that Thread, why has this changed?

As far as I can see, it's still per post? For example, MancFrank and NonMortus' threads have lots of pictures posted in since the upgrade, I'm sure that combined they exceed 500kb, but they still seem to be able to post more pictures in those threads.

Can you not post more in the photography thread since adding those 2 photos then?

The silver coin was a normal picture with a large kb, The 2nd i had to Upload into photobucket because i couldn't upload into The Next post As it prohibited me from Doing so

Edited by azda

9 minutes ago, azda said:

The silver coin was a normal picture with a large kb, The 2nd i had to Upload into photobucket because i couldn't upload into The Next post As it prohibited me from Doing so

OK worked it out. It looks like if you try and post in the same thread without leaving first, it thinks you're doing one post (lord knows why). If you leave the thread and go back in, you can upload again and again. 

23 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

OK worked it out. It looks like if you try and post in the same thread without leaving first, it thinks you're doing one post (lord knows why). If you leave the thread and go back in, you can upload again and again. 

Very strange, Never had too Do that before

Well done Matt, and thanks very much for sorting things so far.

• Like 1

Hi Matt.  Or Chris!  Either of you see ip addresses on posts? 

Previously I used to be able to see them, which was jolly handy identifying likely spammers when it wasn't obvious from the content of their posts.  Now they don't show for me.

R

1 hour ago, TomGoodheart said:

Hi Matt.  Or Chris!  Either of you see ip addresses on posts? 

Previously I used to be able to see them, which was jolly handy identifying likely spammers when it wasn't obvious from the content of their posts.  Now they don't show for me.

R

Hi Richard, I do get them.

Can you see them now?

17 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Hi Richard, I do get them.

Can you see them now?

Yes I do!  Did you tweak something or am I just going unobservant in my old age?  Anyway, thanks!  :D

21 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

Yes I do!  Did you tweak something or am I just going unobservant in my old age?  Anyway, thanks!  :D

Haha! :D 

No you're OK, I did tick a box. It wasn't very descriptive though so I wasn't sure if it was the right one.. Glad it worked!

OK. Here's another one for you! 

Any idea if it's possible for me to change my settings so when I click on a thread like Coin acquisition of the week .. it takes me to the last page (or last unread post) rather than the first?

3 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

OK. Here's another one for you! 

Any idea if it's possible for me to change my settings so when I click on a thread like Coin acquisition of the week .. it takes me to the last page (or last unread post) rather than the first?

When you're looking at the unread posts by using the unread content button, it's not possible to do it because of some sort of glitch/coding error by the providers who built the forum (there are workarounds I was looking at but I don't fully understand them, I need to do a bit more digging). It's also not possible to look at the 'last unread post' for the same reason, which is a major pain.

However if you are browsing the forums in general, you can go to the last page by clicking on whatever number is last (attached), but still not the last unread post :(

1.jpg

@TomGoodheart @Nordle11

Ricardo, if you click on the date or time underneath the name of the last poster, it takes you to the last post on the last page (whether read or not), which works best for me :)

click-to-latest-post.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

@TomGoodheart @Nordle11

Ricardo, if you click on the date or time underneath the name of the last poster, it takes you to the last post on the last page (whether read or not), which works best for me :)

That's really handy, thanks Paulio! :) 

33 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

That's really handy, thanks Paulio! :) 

Lol, TomGoodheart is Richard, and we already have a Matteo on here!

LOL. Cheers Paul. I'll try that. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Lol, TomGoodheart is Richard, and we already have a Matteo on here!

Haha yeah I know, I was keeping in theme with your Ricardo :P 

and it's true, also Matto doesn't have the same ring. Sounds like a carpet cleaner :D 

Ok, here is the change for the First Unread Post. On every thread in the Unread Content view or when just browsing the forums, there is now be a blue button to the right of the thread name. If you click on it, it will take you to the first unread post in that thread by you.

1.jpg.9e152860a7e36d7f199f2c2bc780f615.j

Enjoy!

So where exactly is the signature function? I looked around but couldn't anything labelled as such. I did see an empty text box somewhere in the profile editing area but adding to it didn't produce a signature.

edit: never mind, it's at http://www.predecimal.com/forum/settings/?area=signature, not in your profile.

Edited by Mr T