British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

New Forum 23/12/2015

Having a similar problem with quotes with Firefox on my phone...

Other browsers won't even load the site fully...
Also have had issues with Firefox crashing when trying to post.

41 minutes ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

Interesting. ..

did not quote... just straight post and it worked. ...

Even that won't work for me on my PC - still brings up the last thing I quoted on the thread and stops me typing any text. Fine on tablet and phone.

One thing I've noticed on my PC, which is Windows 10 and running Chrome, is that the circular twirly thing never stops - in other words, the page never fully loads, even though I can navigate and post (apart from above). This is not the case on my other devices. 

I had the 'earlier quote' problem the other day on my (Windows) laptop.  Couldn't get rid of it without coming out of the thread completely and starting again.

And on my phone I still get a lot of wasted space and have to scroll down a long way before I reach the actual topics .. feels like it ought to be designed to fit the screen better.

Screenshot (6 Feb 2016 2_27_32 pm).png

1 hour ago, TomGoodheart said:

I had the 'earlier quote' problem the other day on my (Windows) laptop.  Couldn't get rid of it without coming out of the thread completely and starting again.

And on my phone I still get a lot of wasted space and have to scroll down a long way before I reach the actual topics .. feels like it ought to be designed to fit the screen better.

Screenshot (6 Feb 2016 2_27_32 pm).png

Tom, instead of portrait, try holding your phone in landscape mode and the problem is immediately rectified B) 

I still get the odd gap where the "Bid now" bit is so it still doesn't fill the whole screen as there's a blank bit to the right

... I just feel it should auto-size itself.  :huh:

Screenshot (6 Feb 2016 6_13_06 pm).png

Edited by TomGoodheart

On 4/2/2016 at 11:18 AM, 1949threepence said:

I'm wondering if this is a compatability issue, as I've just tried on both my tablet and phone, and would have been able to post normally in the same thread that's blocking me on the PC.  

On 4/2/2016 at 11:56 AM, Nordle11 said:

Having a look at something now and seeing if Chris wants to do it, it's not a quick fix.

It's been done, so shout if you still get the old quotes/posts coming up in the reply box. Mine seems to be fine right now.

Silly question but... How do I view messages when I'm on my mobile?

I can't see a button to press or a menu option...

Screenshot_2016-02-09-12-09-11.png

If I tap the menu (hamburger) icon all that happens is the screen grays out...

11 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

If I tap the menu (hamburger) icon all that happens is the screen grays out...

Try tapping the 'hamburger' again, then swiping from right to left, I think the menu is being hidden on the right because of the bad fit for the advert..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Try tapping the 'hamburger' again, then swiping from right to left, I think the menu is being hidden on the right because of the bad fit for the advert..

LOL. Yeah that did it!  Thanks Matt

Welcome, I from now will refer to the menu button as the hamburger button :D great name :D 

No relevance at all but just out of curiosity...I want to see the hamburger button which one is it...I can't find it :lol:

2 minutes ago, Colin G. said:

No relevance at all but just out of curiosity...I want to see the hamburger button which one is it...I can't find it :lol:

:lol:

Well it's only there on the phone, so if you're on your computer you won't see it!

From Richard's screenshot;

1.png

Ah that explains it, where does he buy his burgers :o

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colin G. said:

Ah that explains it, where does he buy his burgers :o

Sam Sung's takeaway.

• Like 1

You know Matt ,you have to keep this computer stuff simple for us oldies . I'm just getting the hang of the Babbage model     Terry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

You know Matt ,you have to keep this computer stuff simple for us oldies . I'm just getting the hang of the Babbage model     Terry

I am just getting used to turning it on <_<

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

It's been done, so shout if you still get the old quotes/posts coming up in the reply box. Mine seems to be fine right now.

Thanks a lot, Matt. 

17 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I am just getting used to turning it on <_<

Turing it on, did you say?  That'll be an engine with a difference!  :P

On 2/6/2016 at 0:58 PM, 1949threepence said:

One thing I've noticed on my PC, which is Windows 10 and running Chrome, is that the circular twirly thing never stops - in other words, the page never fully loads, even though I can navigate and post (apart from above). This is not the case on my other devices. 

Now fully loading - problem fixed :)