British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

rpeddie

Grading opinions

Hi again :)

Been thinking about sending 3 coins away to get graded but wanted to check with you first to see if maybe im just seeing things and they are not as good as i think they are.

the 3 are below will try get some better pictures if needed these are just the ones that i had on hand at the moment to get the ball rolling.

post-7823-0-28734300-1448896129_thumb.jp

post-7823-0-05969300-1448896315_thumb.jp

post-7823-0-37705300-1448896347_thumb.jp

(i know how you guys feel about grading in general but im a bit stuck in my ways now :) )

hoping they are all above a cgs75-pcgs/ngc 63

appreciate the help and opinions anyone has as always :)

Hi Eddie

The sov will be about CGS50

Willie HC CGS65

Vickie HC CGS75

These are my opinions only.

Paulus has delved into this field and I'm sure he will give a good opinion

Bear in mind PCGS/NGC grades would seem more favorable.

NGC are known to be the better for UK coins.

I'd give the Sov much higher at about CGS 70-75

Hi Eddie

My guesses as to what CGS would grade them:

Vickie sov CGS 70

Willie HC CGS 55-60

Vickie HC CGS 70

Do be sure that none of the show any signs of cleaning dipping, else they will be rejected and CGS will not refund your fee. From the pics alone the Vickie HC has a suggestion of dipping? What do you think 'in hand'?

I would give CGS a big miss myself. Their grading is too inconsistent and biased towards coins they are trying to push thru their retail outlet London Coins. As for rejecting "cleaned" coins CGS's attitude is completely unreasonable as all they need to do is note it on the capsule along with any other defects such as edge nicks/knocks etc. CGS coins for sale thru London Coins often have scratches digs etc. that do not effect their grading and are completely ignored by CGS "graders".

• Like 1

55ish - EF

75 - that sov is very nice, although date not rare - could go 78

75 - looks dipped but not quite removing all the oxidation on reverse, otherwise unc.

How much are they charging for submissions now?

Best of luck!