British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
sound

Coinage of George V- Part 4, Of Alloys and Ghosts, 1920 - 1926

Hi,

Peck's 4th article in the series is now up for those who have been following. Here's the link​:

http://www.jncoins.co.uk/JNC/en/content/24-coinage-of-george-v-part-4

If you want to read the whole series, just go to the home page and click articles.

As a matter of interest an amended series is being run in Coin News based on the articles on the JNCoins web site.

Mark

Edited by sound

Nice one Peck! :) We know you are lurking

That was a great read, thanks guys

I'm looking forward to the next article regarding the 2 "rogue" pennies (1922 and 1926) with M.E. obverse and 1927 reverse. However, I notice that there is no mention of the 3rd rogue penny (1926) with M.E. obverse and pattern or hybrid reverse that has been discussed on these forums. It would be a shame if this were not discussed or even explained.

Richard

Richard,

Interesting, I'm sure Chris will pick it up.

By the way stunning penny site. First time I have seen it.

Mark

Really enjoyed reading all four of those. Thank you to everyone involved. :)

Richard,

Interesting, I'm sure Chris will pick it up.

By the way stunning penny site. First time I have seen it.

Mark

Thanks Mark, much appreciated and thanks for the Geo V articles - really interesting and valuable

R

Peckris owes me £20 for subscribing to Coin News for 6 months.

Excellent read but watch out for spellin KOS wee will get yur.

A most informative read thanks. WW1 not withstanding it still took a long time to solve a quality issue which did not enhance the

Mint's reputation. Ghosting for example was a feature of Edward bronze coins.

A most informative read thanks. WW1 not withstanding it still took a long time to solve a quality issue which did not enhance theMint's reputation. Ghosting for example was a feature of Edward bronze coins.

The mint to this day STILL have quality problems. :D

On 20 November 2015 at 4:45 PM, secret santa said:

I'm looking forward to the next article regarding the 2 "rogue" pennies (1922 and 1926) with M.E. obverse and 1927 reverse. However, I notice that there is no mention of the 3rd rogue penny (1926) with M.E. obverse and pattern or hybrid reverse that has been discussed on these forums. It would be a shame if this were not discussed or even explained.

Richard

Hi

Prepare for disappointment, Richard. I do owe you for use of your pictures of the 1926 ME penny with 1927 - many thanks. However, I didn't feel sufficiently convinced by the "3rd rogue penny" to include it, not at this stage anyway. Possibly it might merit an article of its own sometime?

The part you may be interested in, is the theory behind those two pennies, but even more, the radical speculation behind the ENTIRE 1926 issue, all 4 million of them. Hopefully Coin News is out now, or very soon?

On 1/11/2016 at 7:33 PM, Peckris said:

Hi

Prepare for disappointment, Richard. I do owe you for use of your pictures of the 1926 ME penny with 1927 - many thanks. However, I didn't feel sufficiently convinced by the "3rd rogue penny" to include it, not at this stage anyway. Possibly it might merit an article of its own sometime?

The part you may be interested in, is the theory behind those two pennies, but even more, the radical speculation behind the ENTIRE 1926 issue, all 4 million of them. Hopefully Coin News is out now, or very soon?

Great series, Peck. Thoroughly enjoying reading your articles.