British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
teecee

magic letterbox!

I must have the most amazing letter box in the history of mankind i really do for instance while trawling the seas of the bay i came across these two little gems

post-8907-0-26785800-1447705338_thumb.jppost-8907-0-02323000-1447705370_thumb.jp

an 1897 raised dot penny in job lot bought for 25.99

an 1844 e over n half farthing for 16.00

i bought both.

2 days ago this dropped through the door

post-8907-0-80209600-1447705645_thumb.jp

then this morn i get thispost-8907-0-69065800-1447705702_thumb.jp

the raised dot dissappeared and the e over n amazingly changes to a normal e.....

mmm what do think guys is a new letterbox in order? Let me know your views. Thanks

• Like 1

Oh and forgot to say all coins in penny joblot came with sellotape dirctly over all coins leaving sticky residue/glue all over them. how nice!

You will get fully refunded including a prepaid return envelope if you

a) send the seller a pic on the incorrect coins received

Bee) if he does not offer a refund, raise a case through eBay

I have had to do this twice this year!

Edited by Paulus

If anyone can see a dot in that first image I need a Specsavers appt.

But I've also returned more Ebay purchases than I've kept in the last year, often stupidly taking a gamble on poor quality images. I doubt I'll ever learn.....

There's so much crap and too many morons selling on there. Most "errors" are post mint shed work but the sellers are convinced they are genuine.

At least I've had no problem with refunds.

The half farthing is the same coin in both pics; did the seller describe it as E over N? If he did, and its not, ask for your money back!

Jerry

• Like 1

The photo is crap yes but its there, the seller has admitted is sending me the correct one now. check the e in regina in top photo. check in bottom. diffrent coin. both chancers.

I am with jelida on this one. The two half farthing photos are the same coin. All the marks are the same. Two small black marks at the bottom left of bust in a line to the "o" of Victoria. White dot at "G" / 3 o'clock. Crud on rim above "c" of Victoria. No question the same coin.

i think your right i need my eyes tested old eyes old bones. jeez a need a break

• Like 1

You did well to spot a dot flaw on that first pic! You normally need a very good look at the area between O and N to deduce it.