British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Very nice Jerry I was watching that triple F F10, it's ridiculous! Sounds like you got some other great buys too, well done

Sounds like you had a busy day Jerry.

The F10 triple F was one of the ones i left a bid on.

The pics of the 'triple F' on the LCA website really do not do it justice, many would call it AU and expect the upper estimate for a normal F10. While I do not get particularly excited about most repairs, the 'triple F' is such a dramatic 'botched job' that I think it is worthy of a varietal place in any Victorian penny collection.

Jerry

I wasn’t able to attend LCA this month so left a couple of postal bids, and now find that Jerry has nabbed both of them.

Re. the Gouby 1875Hf which Jerry mentioned, I have seen the double ended ribbon on this date only four times, so think it is quite rare, although difficult to check features on many ebay sales because pictures generally not high enough definition.

Interestingly this exact same obverse die is also paired with an 1876H wide date, and I believe that variety is far rarer. I wrote to Michael about this back in 2011 and he agreed with me that ”it is more than probable that the obverse die was carried over from 1875 for use with the 1876 wide date penny”……..and I think he planned to include in revised pages to his 2009 book when time permits.

......actually 'no' Pete, have only got one 1876Hf and definitely staying put for the time being. Been looking for another (and better example) since my find in 2011 but not got one yet and time to share with others. No doubt another member will already have one tucked away, probably without knowing it!

Didnt mean you Ian meant the new ones listed on there website for the next auction.

Beautiful coins!

I'll be there, but perhaps more in hope than expectation!

Jerry

Please dont tell me that Jerry was hoping you would keep away.

Unfortunately we seem to always look for the same ones............ :P