British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Looks nice Matt hat off and dont need to look for another.

The 1897 has been listed before a couple of times and obviously not worth that.

Not just that, but they've listed the 1904 that I've already bloody bought :blink:

Link

Here it is now.. (yes still slabbed I'm working up to it haha..)

Colin Cooke still has listed an 1864 crosslet 4 penny, I bought from them in February this year. To add insult to injury, they've even reduced the price !!! I can't believe they've not noticed it's no longer there :unsure:

It happens all the time. I had an order, one of which I had sold and not removed. I told the buyer and he pointed out that I still had something listed he bought 6 months before. Problem was I had 2 similar things which both sold inside a day and after removing one, I thought in my mind that I had removed both. If you don't have a fully automated shop with stock control you are always going to fall foul of this at some point.

As is normally the case though, a quick email and everything is sorted. One lovely email from Semra later and it's been taken out.

As is normally the case though, a quick email and everything is sorted. One lovely email from Semra later and it's been taken out.

I wouldn't break the 1904 out Nordle. £30 worth of slab there, unless of course you can't live with it being slabbed

It's true but I'm not planning on selling it so don't need to retain the premium and all my other coins are in capsules and then in Lindner trays, it would just be sitting on top of the trays on it's own :(

Well at least keep the label when you crack it out.

• Like 1

Can anyone else actually see the D:G that they're referring to as the variety? They says it's missing the colon dots after the G in D:G but I can't see anything..

Link

Is that not the point? That they are not there ^_^

• Like 1

Can anyone else actually see the D:G that they're referring to as the variety? They says it's missing the colon dots after the G in D:G but I can't see anything..

Link

Should say missing after D of F:D

On a more serious note. I think it is a type. There is meant to be a colon after the F:D like F:D:

The colon after the D is missing

Damn Pete you beat me to that reply :)

Hmm. It's also missing a lot of what we in the trade call - detail. It's horrible unless you collect counterstamped coins.

Absolutely horrible.

Thanks all, I know of the no colon after D variety but I'd never heard of what they've described, but makes sense if it's just a mistake.

They definitely mean the colon after F:D that's missing - it's a genuinely rare variety (less than 10 known I reckon) but, as Rob says, it's not nice.

Is it not a bit odd that the only details that are not worn smooth is the date and the bit of the legend that makes it rare? or am I just being over suspicious?

Thanks Pete.

So... Did they think this was a low tide penny, or what? I don't get it..

Even following CGS' grading/pricing system, they value it at £50, and this is £100 plus the juice :wacko:

Edited by Nordle11

Quite a few high prices Matt.

I bid on five above low estimate and got blown out on them all :)

Maybe just some strong bidders in the room at the time then. I really can't understand some of these prices though..

I won both lots that I bid on and both at under my max bid. An 1826 sixpence and an 1887 withdrawn type sixpence with JEB on truncation. The latter is not quite the grade I wanted but will do until the right one comes along.

I got six pennies that fill gaps, including really beautiful 1865 and 1878 pennies, an upgrade UNC 1875 narrow date (at less than it sold for 6 years ago, ex Findlow) , the F10 'triple F' in nice well lustred GEF (CGS 70) and the 1882 F114 again nice GEF( CGS 70). I also bought the high grade 1875H that Colin Cooke have been trying to sell at £1795, but at total £1550 appx I suspect it wasn't a bargain, but it is the variety described by Gouby with the nicely doubled ribbon end repair, this was not advertised by LCA (though they have recognised it in the past), by MG's figures it appears to be rare.

I really enjoyed my first visit to LCA, but am 'cleaned out' and will have to raid savings for the Midland on Sunday.

Will try and post some pics later in the week.

Jerry