British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Gary1000

Bits for sale

You guys probably have plenty of coins that you might choose to part with (having upgraded since original purchase), that would suit relative novice collectors like me very well. I thought Gary's 1902 crown was very decent indeed, but I don't have an eBay account.

It depends on what you want to collect. As you might imagine the supply of bronze pennies is unlikely to be equalled. Most people on here collect by denomination, so work out what you want and ask the relevant person. Pennies, halfpennies, farthings, sixpences, crowns, shillings and halfcrowns are all covered by various people. We're a pretty reasonable bunch when all's said and done.

You could also peruse Chris' stock seeing as he owns the forum and allows us to use it for free - hint, hint.

Thanks Rob. I peruse Chris' stock regularly and would buy from him again in a heartbeat.

Yeah you can list stuff on here, but the audience is quite small compared to ebay. Plus you can list on ebay and then tell everyone on here anyway, just like Gary did haha. Best of both worlds.

Looking at coins brought up on here i feel if the seller sets a realistic price it will sell to a member as i have bought a couple.

Sometimes i think people get greedy and have an unrealistic amount they want and then the coin wont sell no matter how it gets dressed up.

I think forum members would see through that as probably more knowledge than the average ebay buyer of coins.

In the case of numerous pennies, they have gone to a forum member and the seller incurred costs on ebay.

Lots of LURKERS on the site and feel the seller has nothing to lose if the coin is a realistic price and clean it will sell.

LURKERS ......Pete

They were a Punk band. :)

I think we should start a punk band Peter and go on tour.

Will leave the name of the group to you and the lyrics i will just be myself (a lunatic).

Keep smiling mate.

Pete.

Infact how does....... Pre Decimal loonies...... sound ?.

Is there a £100 limit on coins listed for sale in the forums? I have a few that I'd let go cheaply to members. Not sure how much interest there'd be. Regardless eBay is not the place to be. Sold an Edward I penny on eBay best offer was way below asking price but he informed me that he was going to be charged £22 for shipping via eBay's Global Shipping Programme :unsure:

None of my business as dont sell coins.

However think Chris should charge dealers a one off fee for putting a link to there site rather than not allowing it ?.

If someone wishes to use the site to sell a coin regardless of value the site should get something.

None of my business as dont sell coins.

However think Chris should charge dealers a one off fee for putting a link to there site rather than not allowing it ?.

If someone wishes to use the site to sell a coin regardless of value the site should get something.

Chris doesn't not allow a link, rather it is up to the individual. I personally think it is wrong for me to piggyback on someone else's forum when they are also trying to make a living.

Would you pay to be able to have your link available Rob was all i was asking.

If you or anyone else who was selling coins paid chris an amount surely that is just fair and makes everyone happy.

You mentioned you have sold a couple through the forum as i am sure numerous other people have.

If you were to PAY an amount per year thats not piggyback thats just good for the site and yourself.

Would you pay to be able to have your link available Rob was all i was asking.

If you or anyone else who was selling coins paid chris an amount surely that is just fair and makes everyone happy.

You mentioned you have sold a couple through the forum as i am sure numerous other people have.

If you were to PAY an amount per year thats not piggyback thats just good for the site and yourself.

Probably not, I'm too insular. For most of the past 30 years I've got along without relying on anyone unless unavoidable. The first time I employed someone (I knew well), they **** on me, so I just look after no. 1 now and have done for years. I succeed or fail by my own efforts alone. No regrets on that front.

Your business but i have bought from you Rob and my contact was this site.

You are an honest dealer who people trust and if you just were to rely on repeat business as you know it will start to fade.

You mentioned putting together a new site and would feel its worth contacting Chris with regards getting more traffic.

With regards being insular i have never had a job working for someone else hard work and being nice with people seems to have worked quite well.

I dont have any qualifications and dont know much about coins, but feel i am pretty good at making a few quid.